Arrival at the lodge is like dropping into a well paced drift dive, just enough momentum to help you along, but as you leave a realisation that the 3 elements of Diving, lodging and Eco have been harmoniously managed with the Guest in mind.
Diving – one of the best set-ups with a Mother-ship and tender approach allowing for relaxation and critter identification between dives, but the real highlight are the expert guides (Nando & Denny in our case) whose enthusiasm and experience allow you to get the best from what at first looks like a very unpromising diving environment – black volcanic sand - but by the end of the week you’ll be hooked on behaviour spotting and competing (but always failing) to find the smallest shrimp, nudibranch or octopus.
Lodging- we were lucky to only be on-site with a maximum of 5 divers on the boat (only 7 in the resort) but the whole set-up of pre-ordered meals – fixed menu with a great blend of traditionally prepared local dishes – our choice- and some standard western fare as well, lunchtime (on the Mother-Ship) and breakfast dining as well as mini-snacks on return after dining, mostly from a very small kitchen really contributed to making the stay special. From the rooms to the open-style dining area simplicity and comfort were the key-word and they managed to deliver on these consistently across the week.
Eco – from only locally sourced food, exclusion of non-fish friendly prawns and tuna to waste re-usage and fish-friendly diving practises it was really good to see them standing by the differentiating “Eco” practises that made it a way of life than paying lip-service to a set of marketing guidelines.
After over 700 dives across the world this has to be close to the best land based dive operation we’ve been lucky enough to experience and whilst there were any number of potential tripping points the firm hand of Cary and the friendliness of the local staff really showed the best Lembeh had to offer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Eco Divers Resort you'll find the very best value service anywhere in Lembeh. These resort is designed by Eco Divers specifically for discerning divers. It is a stylish yet intimate retreat, from which you can conveniently explore all that Lembeh has to offer. Why pay more? Eco Divers Resort Lembeh has all you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Eco Divers Resort Lembeh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Divers Resort Lembeh Hotel Bitung
- Eco Divers Resort Lembeh Bitung, Indonesia - Sulawesi