Kasawari Lembeh Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bitung
See available hotels
Lembeh Resort(Pulau Lembeh)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsinfinity poolhuge bathroomrinse tankswet suitsdive facilitiesdive tripdive masterlembeh resortdry towelsunderwater photographygearlistphotoscameracreaturesworldconditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were there for 5 days. The villas were beautiful - the food was superb - the staff was friendly and accommodating - the diving was first-rate. I can't really say enough about it. It's a small boutique dive hotel. Lovely grounds, great on-site dive center. All the dive sites are close and have the best muck diving in the world. We saw something new EVERY dive. Their focus is completely on the guests. People arrive there with a list of creatures they want to see, and the dive masters make sure you see as many of those as they can find!

Room Tip: There are NO bad villas! Everyone is arranged to face the water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueOut
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to many dive resorts but have to admit, this small boutique dive hotel is a top resort for comfort, intimate, and overall a must do place to go to if you want easy diving but bountiful sea life. The 10 villas are roomy with both an inside and outside shower. The air conditioning works perfectly and there is plenty of storage. The views from the dinning level are spectacular as the sky is ever changing along with the various boating life on the straits is fascinating. The dive shop is undercover with freshwater rinse tanks and a really great camera cleaning.assembly, storage room. The food is either Asian or Western. However our policy, when in country, eat the local food that is served on the menu. The staff is great and very responsive to your requests.
I would also take a day off and take a town tour. It includes everything from a large open market to see the various types of fruits, meats, fish, grains, etc are not only sold but various dishes are prepared and sold. The shear number of fish brought in at the sea food landing is amazing. It comes from all over and consists of just about everything that you can imagen is available. We also saw temples, and the local zoo which was unique.
The diving was as expected, as you can't ask for anything more. I spent 10 days in Bonaire and saw 2 frogfish. On one dive here, I saw 7 frogfish. There are more critters that you can ever expect with one of our favorites being the coconut octopus.
I would suggest if you think about traveling to this resort, spend 5-7 days in Singapore, it's worth it. Also go on line and pull up Lembah Straits video's to see what you can expect, especially if you are a photographer. Enjoy the trip if you go because there is no other place like this.

Room Tip: get one of the rooms towards the back, they have the best views looking out at the gardens and the water. The two front villa's are deluxe suites with private balconies over the water. Every room is easily accessible to everything.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom O
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Kasawari is a relatively small resort but offer almost the best services in Lembeh from my opinion. With less than 10 villas the resort always focus on the guests and offer excellent dive experiences. The dive masters are all great and attentive, with lots of experience t the dive sites and be able to help me to find my most wanted creatures in Lembeh. The services from the boat crews are also great. No where else you can enjoy the most relax dive trips with hot towels, fruits platters, even hot chocolate fro night dives. I can feel that every feature of the resort is managed well with attendtion to details so that I can fully enjoy the relaxing moments during the stay.

I'll be back Kasawari!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good only depends on how many ppl are you booking for
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is our first time in Lembeh. I traveled there with my wife and 17 friends. If you like muck diving, look no more. All dive sites are 5-15mins away tops. Tons of crazy little critters and some nice wall dives. The resort is clean and well maintained. The rooms are nice and roomy, and the AC works great. The resort is small, so getting around is easy and quick. If your not diving you may want to look into staying somewhere else, there is not a ton to do there but diving. They really cater to the diver. If you want to read a book and chill at the pool every day, then you will be fine. They do offer excursions, but most of them are far and take up most of the day. The food was nothing extraordinary, but good and plentiful. There were alot of reviews regarding loud music. We heard the "Loud" music one day for a few hours and it was nothing obnoxious. I thought it was actually nice.
The dive staff is amazing!!!! These guys work there butt off for you. You will get yelled at if they see you carrying anything. Big Thanks to Dedy, Nonsix, and Rusli. They will find you all the crazy critters you want. I recommend doing the mandarin dive, very cool. The camera room is the best I have seen, tons of plugs for charging all your camera equipment and good space.
The resort staff is awesome they will bend over backwards for you. they always have a smile on there face. They are always working to keep everything nice and clean and the grounds well manicured. Thanks Aneetha and staff for all your hard work.
Not to many places can get away without having some type of gripe. There were 2, which one was not Kasawari problem. There is alot of trash in the water, its on every dive. It would be nice if the local people could put a program together to help manage that. The 2nd was the lack of a bar, which was a bit disappointing, especially when we gave them good heads up that we enjoy a good cocktail. With that being said, they did offer there local Bintang beer and some wine. My suggestion is if you enjoy a good cocktail grab a bottle at duty free or pack a bottle or 2. They are more then happy to accommodate some mixers :) All and all we enjoyed our time there and would recommend it to anyone who want to do some truly unique diving.
Alittle room tip, 1 and 2 are probably the best views, but all the rooms are nice and close. Also we ran into a very tiny issue in our room. Which for a full day I thought we had a crazy bird living in our room and was keeping me up at night. Turned out it was the TV power converter making the noise. if it's to loud for you, just pull the plug on it before you go to bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

But certainly not our last time here. The resort is small, intimate, well appointed and run by the legendary Nus Lobbu, THE dive guide for Lembeh back in 1998, our first time in the area. The food has western and Asian dishes (we stuck with the Asian), good prices for the local Bintang beer but BYOB otherwise. Diving was for "the critters" and Ali, our guide who also goes back to the earlier days of diving in Lembeh was an expert at finding them--they seem even smaller now, maybe thats my eyesight.

If you don't dive, don't go. If you have never been in Lembeh and particularly if you are a photographer, this is a must do destination (pack your macro lenses--wide angle will be unused weight in your luggage). This resort will fill all your needs--and they don't stint on dive time--we did 34 dives, three a day and the shortest was 70 minutes.

There have been "noise" comments, they were not a problem for us. Whatever sounds we heard were usually for less than an hour and not late into the night. The rooms are well built and any sounds were muted.

The staff, ranging from the check in, the housekeepers, the restaurant (who kept up with my endless demand for Mangosteens in the early part of the season) to the groundskeepers are just wonderful. Our next trip at Lembeh will be here at Kasawari.

Mike and Raynalda Bryant