Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
$82
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/06/22
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews dive guide dive resort non divers lembeh indonesia
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is our second trip to Bastianos Lembeh.We really enjoyed it the first time and enjoyed it even more the second, will definately be back again. We did a 2 centre trip between Bastianos Lemeh and Bastianos Bunaken, a really good option as the diving and resorts are quite different which adds some variety to your trip.
The Resort:
We stayed in the bungalows on the cliff with stunning views of the Bay. As before they were comfy and well furnished, with a nice balcony, big 4 poster bed and a large bathroom, with ample hot water.
The restaurant is in a big open airy building with lovely views, the new resort manager 'Dirk' has made many subtle changes to the resort, service is better, staff more attentive and the food was excellent a big improvement on our previous visit. Glad they still do afternoon tea and cake.
The big plus with this resort is the pool, nestled on the edge of the cliff, it's a lovely place to sit and enjoy the view after or between dives.(Loungers are looking a little old and tierd and umbrella's for shade would be nice.)
The Diving:
Fantastic dive crew as always, we had Opo as our guide, he is the head guide and runs a very tight ship. Comfy covered boats, towels, snacks and hot drinks between dives, OK hire kit and small groups, long dive times and of course the wonderful critters of Lembeh.

Room tip: Odd numbered rooms have the best view of the bay.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Bastianos Lembeh Diving Resort is build on a mountainous peninsula with superb views over the Lembeh street. It's far enough from the main town/port to be very quiet and it's very well located for the absolute wonderful dive sites around the Lembeh Straight. Staff is friendly and casual.Food is good and plentyful though breakfast is a 'tat' too simple to my liking with no yoghurt, muesly and usually only one or 2 choices of fresh food.

If you're not a diver there might be few options for things to do, as there is not really a beautiful beach and the only option for food and drinks are the resort itself. Still I wouldn't mind for a couple of days.

There are 2 types of room. The basic one is all you need with a nice four poster bed and open air private bathroom. The rooms come without airconditioning which you usually do not need there as it is actually quite cool for Indonesian standards but worse is that it comes without hot water. After diving in the murky but wonderful waters of the Lembeh street for usually rather long dives of 60 minutes or more, one would appreciate a nice hot shower.

But all in all it's a great value for money place

Room tip: If you don't mind the 10 euro extra, go for the airco/hot shower room
Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank stylishnomad
Reviewed June 29, 2012

After a lot of research on diver resorts in Lembeh we decided on Bastianos. I was a little concerned about some of the negative reviews but other wise for the price and the package I figured that it would be suitable. I was very pleased by the efficiency of the airport pick up. We were met on time and promptly taken off to the marina in Bitung where we boarded a boat to the resort. We were greeted at the resort by a friendly staff and quickly got signed in and take to our rooms. I was very pleased with my room. It was spacious, clean and the airco worked really well. I loved the semi outdoor shower in the bathroom. The over all resort is very well taken care of. The grounds are beautiful. The pool was clean. The diving was amazing and the boat crew were first rate. The common area of the resort is spacious and clean. Our group of 8 spent most of our time out of the water in the common area near the dining room. The only suggestion that I have for improvement would be on the food selection. Although the food was very good. Fresh and well prepared it was rather repetitive. Dirk, the manager was very pleasant and accommodating. If we needed anything he was quick to respond. I would not hesitate to recommend Bastianos Lembeh.

Room tip: take one of the air conditioned cottages even if you do not use the airco. They have the best location on the resort.
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was at this resort in 2010, and I should say that as far as the resort itself is concerned, there are lots of improvement. There are some additions, like a bar at the pool (although it was not manned when I was there, since there were few occupants). There is more buzz, I see more staff members busying themselves around. I had initially asked for 2 cottages without air-conditioning, but they were turned on when my team arrived, my novice diver friends wanted it on and I wanted it off, so I requested at the front desk to turn off the air-conditioning for one cottage - it was done with no questions asked, and I was not charged for it. The food is not 5-star, but is good. There is a free flow of hot drinks and water. Soft drinks and beer is available. You can bring your own wine, and they will provide you with proper glassware (but I think they don't have champagne flutes), and no corkage.

Only a few of the administrative staff remained from my last visit, and most of the dive crew are still around. The diving is still great, and still unique. I had a couple of new divers with me, and they were treated well and enjoyed their dives, which is what I think is important. Excellent value for the price we paid.

Room tip: The fan in the room is usually sufficient; so asking for just the fan can save some cost.
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Many thanks to Steven and all the staff for a fabulous week.
The meals were great and tremendous effort made to provide for a vegetarian. The boats, crew and gear were well organised and guides well trained to create pleasurable photo dives.
They are sharp eyed and easily point out critters that I would have gone past - mainly because I never knew they even existed!
The standard room that I stayed in (dislike air con) was more than sufficient with a view over the water (for mid afternoon dolphin spotting)

Date of stay: June 2012