Divers Lodge Lembeh
$188
$162
K2 Dive Resort(Pulau Lembeh)(Great Value!)
$107
$97
$105
$95
Tangkoko Ranger Homestay(Bitung)(Great Value!)
$14
$123
$115
Agoda.com
$149
$135
Tangkoko Hill Cottage and resto(Bitung)(Great Value!)
$27
Lembeh Resort(Pulau Lembeh)
$664
$598
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate boatamazing divingdive guidemuck divingcommunal stylewarm hospitalityear infectioncargo shipsan affordable priceknew wherebooking processlong tablepygmy seahorsesfrog fishlaundry serviceboat ridetook great care
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay at Divers Lodge. We were booked on the private boat package, and did 5 dives a day for the duration of our holiday. Divers Lodge were very happy to accommodate our request, although most of the other guests weren't on quite such a punishing schedule as we were! The dive guides were excellent; we went with a very extensive list of critters to find and found most of them on the first day! Both our dive guides were fun and very good at helping us to find interesting creatures but then hanging back and leaving us to look at them at our leisure. My boyfriend was also filming the various fish, and our guides were very patient; in one case, our dive guide Johnny helped us to get some shots of the elusive mandarin fish spawning by covering the video lights until the fish were in prime position! The diving on our trip was absolutely first class, and the house reef is absolutely covered in mandarin fish.

Our room was lovely and comfortable, although a bit on the small side, but this was because we had managed to obtain the last one available (the lodge is very popular!). We actually found that the room was perfect for our needs, with lots of handy space for camera equipment to be spread out everywhere. The food was good too, with lots of different things to try every day (although I am a vegetarian and there was rather a lot of egg involved in all of my meals, so towards the end of the week I stuck to noodles and vegetables). Their noodles are absolutely incredible though, I want the recipe!

All in all, an absolutely excellent place to stay, and I would definitely not stay anywhere other than here if visiting Lembeh again. Every part of our trip was fantastic.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking well ahead if you want one of the larger bungalows, as ours was on the smaller side with a toilet that needed to be flushed through with a bucket. However, it was still quite large and we had a lovely view. We were also very close to the restaurant which was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

There is a smorgasbord of dives resorts at Lembeh which could easily overwhelm any first visitor to the region. How my wife (dive buddy) and I made our choice was based on a set of criteria which described the holiday experience that we wanted:

1. A small and intimate resort with no more than 10 chalets/rooms
2. Gorgeous views
3. Warm and attentive service
4. A personal dive guide who is an excellent spotter
5. Flexible arrangements

Divers Lodge met all 5 criteria. The warmth with which Belgis and her team made our visit all the more memorable.

Located in the northern part of Lembeh island, Divers Lodge has its own private beach on one side, and a lovely bay on the other. With only 7 bungalows spread over a hill, all with gorgeous views of either the straits or the bay, all guests are assured of privacy.

Belgis and her team are efficient and warm with their service. Any request is attended to promptly. My wife loves chilli and the kitchen made sure that all our meals, including the lunches out on the dive boat, were accompanied with a container of the local chill sauce "Dabu dabu." My request for more pillows was attended to within the hour, and I've observed that any request made by our fellow guests were similarly met promptly with a smile.

We took a package where we had a private boat and guide. With this package, we decided the number of dives we wanted each day and the schedule. The only thing we left for the dive guide to decide was the dive sites, and this is only because he knew where the critters we had on our "shopping list" were. The one snag we had was that we had three different guides over 5 diving days because the first two fell ill. That said, all three were good spotters and the only critter on our list we did not see, despite multiple dives on the divesite where they are commonly seen, is the Blue-ring Octopus.

Avid divers of Southeast Asia know that the Lembeh Straits is a macro-muck heaven and there really is no need to sell this part of Sulawesi as a dive destination. What makes the difference then is the accommodation and service of the diver resort. For me, Divers Lodge is an excellent dive base for those who looking for a warm, intimate and restful holiday that would go along with the amazing diving.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spooky T
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We had a fabulous dive holiday and a thoroughly relaxing time at Divers Lodge. Having read about the limited guest rooms (only 12 guests max), we booked a chalet well in advance and were rewarded with one that had a flushable toilet and great views of Mt Klabat. We stayed in Musang Chalet and it was large and comfortable enough. The walk up was good exercise so be prepared to huff and puff a little. There's no air-con but the fan above the bed makes a big difference in cooling the spacious room. Mozzies were not really an issue, thankfully. Most of our time was spent in the intimate dining lounge, which has free wi-fi & unlimited supply of beverages and snacks. The food was a little predictable after a while but the kitchen staff was very attentive and soon knew about my need for hot chilli for every meal! You'll find that someone is always looking after you, whether it is to serve you a hot cup of tea, plan your dive itinerary for the next day or asking how your day has been. Very warm hospitality. Most of the guests are from Holland and Germany but the ones we met were friendly enough while giving you your own space. We all sit together at the dining table for breakfast and dinner (lunch is usually on the boat) so if you're anti-social or are looking for a private couples-getaway, this may not be ideal for you.

The diving is great if you are into muck diving. We booked the unlimited dive package on a private boat and it was well-worth it, because we could customise our diving plan each day in terms of how many dives we wanted to do, what we wanted to see and how long to stay underwater. The guides are also very good and are able to spot lots of critters. After each dive, we had fresh fruits and hot tea to look forward to. The boat crew also changes your tank after each dive.

Other information: there are two sweet dogs at the resort, one of whom will follow you around for food and pats. The sun rises really early so do make use of the opportunity to listen for the tarsiers and trying to locate the elusive creatures. The taxi ride to Bitung is about 1 hour 15 minutes and the boat ride to Divers Lodge is another 15 mins. Go for the unlimited and private boat package.

Room Tip: Book the Musang Chalet in advance if you want the only bungalow with a flush toilet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

It's like a luxury liveaboard service, just on shore.
The diving is awesome. The diving is seamless with the hotel.
What ever you needed, they've already provided it for you.
No it's not the 4 Seasons, but it's a heck of a place to dive.
Not often I rate a place as 5* but this place merits it.
Would I go back? Hell, yes!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LondonGenie
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I've travelled to many different places for work as a diver for the past 10 years and this place definitely rates as one of the best I've ever been too.

Beautiful, cozy boutique style lodge, full of creature comforts, stunning scenes, beautifully quiet location nestled away from the business of Bitung.

The friendliness of Rob, Linda and all the staff here is superb. Never ending smiles and nothing is too much trouble. The accommodation is great, food is amazing and as for the diving - well - it completely blew me away. The boats are comfortable with unique shelter from the wind or rain and even on-board toilets! The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure that your critter wish-for list is firmly accomplished.

Small groups of 2 divers on the boats or even a personal one at an affordable price makes this place stand out, complete with the genuine personal touch.

Can't wait to come back, thanks again for an amazing time. Never believed that I could see 4 mimic octopuses in 2 days .... WOW ....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business