“One of the best in this part of the island”

Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Palu
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stopped at this hotel 3 times during my trip to Sulawesi. I know other hotels in the area and I know that this is the best. Clean, comfortable, good food, easy access, service not bad. But I think this is a hotel for short visit. Why? Because the water in the pool was terrible, and the area is not suitable for walking or resting on the open air. But for a short visit is ideal. See you next time!
P.S. I recommend massage at the spa for relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are happy to read that our accommodation and Food is meeting your expectation and it will be a highlight for me to share your comments with my team.

I also regret to read your comment regarding our pool water quality and we will take a look at this point seriously and will do some extra treatment to make it better.

We appreciate receiving your feedback as it enables us to focus our continuous improvement efforts. We hope that you will notice the continues improvement when you return as we would like to be of service to you again in the future.

Once again, thank you very much – the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

kindly regard,

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Good rooms, clean, and the location is good.
The food is also good but the problemmin indonesia is allways the same.... Staff incompetence!
Little or ZERO english.... Try to ask any thing other than the standard....and yoir in for a nightmare!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Antonio A
GM_SBSP, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to share your feedback

We are very happy to read that our accommodation and the quality of our food meet your expectation and It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you, indeed it is a very nice hotel, centrally located right at the beautiful of Palu bay.

It is my understanding that you have gone through an unfortunate situation during your stay with us regarding the quality of English speaking staffs and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, however we are doing intensive English training now to our staff since January 2012 to improve their English speaking.

Kind regards

Iwan kurniawan

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The building is well maintained, the food is good,the scenery is beautiful - you can see the sea and the mountain. but the big minus point is the staffs are unfriendly. My bad experience for this time was the front office officer. The hotel gave me villa room which is placed across the hotel. When i checked in for 2 nights, the FO officer ask me to pay the room in advance. As we all know this was unusual regulation on stars hotels. Normally, when i sleep in this hotel, the payment was made on the day when i checked out. After asked me to pay in advanced, they still asked me to give deposit for the room services. After arguing with the FO officer, she didn't ask me to give deposit anymore. But I was already disappointed!
The other minus point: you must pay for bad coverage hotspot area with slow internet connection.

Room Tip: do not buy internet voucher. it will be useless because the wifi coverage is poor and the internet c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexSantosa
GM_SBSP, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share us your feedback

We are very happy to read that our accommodation and the quality of our food meet your expectation. It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you, indeed it is a very nice hotel, centrally located right beautiful the Palu bay.

It is my understanding that you have gone through a few unfortunate situations during your check in proses and it seems that you were not get the same check in service from your previous stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, in this opportunity we would like to let you know that the procedure of check in which has done by our front office staff was the right procedure when every guest check in we will ask the guest to pay the payment of the room as well as the deposit in advance.

Regarding the Internet service for the time being we used radio link service which unstable due to weather and our hotel location however we have been request for fiber optic sistem from TELKOM to make our Internet service become better in the future.

Once again we appreciate receiving your feedback as it enables us to focus our continuous improvement efforts. We hope that you will notice our improvement when you return as we would like to be of service to you again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My sister and I travelled to Palu for her sons wedding to the daughter of a local well respected family. They had recommended the hotel. Our room was very clean with a sea view. The food was superb, we also ate over the way and had fun at the karioke. All of the staff were extremely helpful especially the Night Manager Ali. He made sure we were well looked after. We had an early morning flight, although he was off duty that day, he met us at Palu airport, he and the courtesy hotel bus driver carried our bags to the check in. To our embarresment we did not have enough rupees to pay the tax. Ali kindly paid. He is an absolute star. We would certainly return and recommend the hotel

Room Tip: we had 1 night in the suites - they are really lovely too. the photos on their website are up to da...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 260cal
GM_SBSP, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It will be a highlight for me to share your comments with my team especially with ALI the Night Manager.
It is indeed rewarding to find out that the hospitality and the friendliness of the team made your visit very special.
On this opportunity we would like to informed you that we are doing some projects now in the hotel .we are making a new deck at our Swiss cafe coffee shop where you can enjoy your meal outside close to the sea and we have re new our Karaoke rooms to make your next visiting more enjoyable.
Once again, thank you very much – the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back soon in the future.

Kindly regards

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I came to Swiss Belhotel Silae Palu on August 2011. This is the best and the newest hotel at Palu. The building and the interiors still look brand new. And its located beside the beautiful Palu Bay and behind mountains. This hotel separated two parts, the hotel and the villas. Both of them are clean and nice.
The employee service was very unfriendly with no smile.Esp the front office. They are less responsive at to customer's needs. They need to improve their hospitality to serve customers.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dini D
GM_SBSP, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

October 5, 2011
Dear madam,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comment on Trip advisor following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu. We appreciate your compliments regarding the appearance of the hotel design and interiors.

I also regret to read your comment regarding the quality service of our staff, however we are doing intensive training now to our staff to improve their quality of service.

kind regards

Iwan kurniawan

Reviewed June 13, 2011

the staff said it is 4 star hotel, but it's different from other 4 star hotel. the cleanliness, food and beverages, and staff responses were not quite good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
adithraharjo, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments at Trip advisor, we appreciate for choosing Swiss-belhotel silae palu as your accommodation during your visit .

I regrets to read your comments regarding the cleanliness, food & beverage as well the response of our staff which did not meet your expectation, I am apologize to make your experience during your stay with us was not as expected .

Again, we appreciate receiving your feedback as it enables us to focus our continuous improvement efforts. We hope that you will notice the continues improvement when you return as we would like to be of service to you again in the future.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel.

Kind regards
Adith RAHARJO

Reviewed November 25, 2010

nice hotel, nice service. I got a room with sea view, the ripples are only steps ahead from the window, beautiful scenery I think this hotel is suitable for holiday. Over all is good, the minus point is only about the internet connection speed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business