“Bukit lawang and besitang”
Review of Expedition Jungle

Expedition Jungle
More attraction details
Owner description: Expedition Jungle guarantees a professional, safe, eco friendly adventure tour to those looking to experience the wilds of Gunung Leuser National park and the natural beauty of North Sumatra. We are a fully registered, insured and licensed Indonesian and UK tour operator. We have a proven track record for providing trips to families, honeymooners and budget travellers looking for an alternative to the beach holiday. We only use licensed, local, English speaking guides with a profound knowledge of the park and the flora and fauna within. Contact us for a no obligation offer for your trip to North Sumatra. Join one of our fixed date, group tours or let us create a tailormade itinerary to fit your schedule.
Annecy, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bukit lawang and besitang”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Don't look any further. Go with these guys. They are the best. Clare Rambe is awesome. Could ask her any question, allways quick response. Very responsable guide(Kinul, you are the best). Only company that provides lifevests for rafting ( and boy, did we need them). Very good new destination in Besitang.

4 Thank Sabinefrance_12

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome family adventure with Expedition Jungle”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As I have noticed in a recent review, these guys are without a doubt the best that I could have hoped for. Clare Rambe was always prompt with responses whilst I was organising our holiday with her. I felt very comfortable with the amount of information that I was given as we were travelling as a family of 5 with 3 kids. Everything was so totally organised. From the moment our guide Iwan picked us up in Medan we felt comfortable that everything was taken care of. We were taken to our accommodation which was the Jungle Inn at Bukit Lawang (awesome see review). Totally looked after, then we went to the Orangutan feeding platform with Iwan who always had plenty of information on the area. The Orangutans ofcourse were awesome and we were able to get VERY close, within 30cms. A real treat. After staying in our awesome accommodation, and BTW the Jungle Inn rocks on at night, we moved on to Tangkahan. Our accommodation there was called the Jungle Lodge and we had an awesome young guy that took care of us and our elephant trek up the Buluh River. This was a highlight and would totally recommend it. We river tubed back down the river and then went walking to the waterfall and hotsprings. Just beautiful, being able to wash the elephants and play around with them up close was the most amazing experience for our family. This short trek was an absolute joy and I cant recommend highly enough Expedition Jungle to anyone who is hesitating (like I did) with trekking companies.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank becster130171
Steventon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bukit lewang with Expedition Jungle”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Don't even question this company. I can tell you that these guys are the very best you will find. They organised our 8 days trek, travel, hotels, camps, Orang Utangs, volcanoes, food, friendship, guides and a million other things. But if I was to tell too many people, it would become too well known and be ruined. So get there before this happens because this is a golden nugget to be dug out of the ground without any effort!! Thankyou guys for my memories for life from my heart

Visited June 2012
2 Thank JulesB1117224
Barrow in Furness, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Expedition Jungle are with you every step of the way from organizing your trip, to be picked up, during your trip and being dropped off. They have many treks for you to choose from but they are also willing to build you your own trip to suit you. I had the most amazing experience and your guide is with you every step of the way and anything they can do for you, they will. I ill be recommending Expedition Jungle to everyone and cant wait for my next visit. Thank you Expedition Jungle!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Kaylashayla
Shanghai, China
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Intensive jungle experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We selected Expedition Jungle based on the TA-reviews and the responsiveness. We asked them to organize our complete stay in Bukit Lawang.

Clare from Exp. J. always responded within a short period of time on our questions and the answers were very helpful.
Arrangements worked out very well (from pickup in Medan until drop -off again in Medan). The jungle trekking (we did it for 4 days) was the highlight for us. While the trek is not easy, you can well manage it with average physical fitness. Our guide carefully adapted the pace according to weather and out conditions.

We will come back!