I stayed there with my husband and my parents for 3 nights, and had a great experience! The guest house is a eco-friendly place, with a river front view, can see different types of monkeys cross the river, it feels so natural and relaxed. The staff are outstanding, they know the area so well, they tailored jungle trekking trips to suit us, helped to carry bags and looked after my mum to go through the jungle. Their coconut milk is really delicious, after my dad tasted it, he ordered another 3 big glasses straight away, if you ever stay there, you must try their coconut milk! We really wished we stayed there for a bit longer, we will definitely go back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green Hill is in the heart of Bukit Lawang village, overlooking the Bohorok river with amazing views of the rainforest, easy access to Gunung Leuser National Park (GLNP) and only 10 minutes from the orangutan viewing platform. Green Hill was opened in 2008 and the new building was built by local craftsmen using a combination of wood and stones to create a very light and airy open plan space which has amazing views of the rainforest. The guest rooms at Green Hill are nestled amongst the treetops on the hill behind the restaurant: 2 double treetop bungalows (200,000 IDR), 1 triple bungalow (250,000 idr) and a chalet/family room (300,000 IDR) all have private bathrooms with bamboo shower and balconies with jungle and riverviews. There is also a budget double with a shared bathroom (100,000 idr) which is ideal for those on a budget. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Green Hill Guesthouse And Trekking
- Green Hill Guesthouse & Trekking Hotel Bukit Lawang
- Green Hill Guesthouse & Trekking Bukit Lawang, Sumatra