Jungle Inn has pretty awesome VIP suites, despite the stairs to get there. Once you get your gear to the hotel, which is a small trek, but luckily one can get porters quite cheaply 20000 per porter, one really can enjoy the atmosphere on the river with spectacular views of the river and jungle. Rooms are basic but spacious and AC is not needed (hence not there). Surprisingly very few mosquitoes. Staff are pretty friendly. Played chess with them and they are helpful with good knowledge of the area. Spontaneous singing and guitar playing is a regular part of the Jungle Inn, which is quite cool. Food ok. Lots of good restaurants nearby, best is Green Hill. Very close to the Orangutang feeding platform and for rafting. Watch out for the invading monkeys! Staff nice with kids
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jungle Inn! (Bukit Lawang – North Sumatra Indonesia) Jungle Inn is the perfect place to stay when visiting Bukit Lawang in North Sumatra, Indonesia. Kind and courteous staff provide an ideal quiet and comfortable atmosphere for all visitors. Come and enjoy the beautiful views of the forest and Bohorok river from your balcony-room, or even while eating in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Jungle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Hotel Bukit Lawang
- Jungle Inn Bukit Lawang, Sumatra