We stayed in the orangutan rooms which were booked through sunatra Eco travel who we booked our tour through. A lovely retreat whilst staying in the jungle. Beautiful rooms with fans and unique outside bathrooms. Very clean and good food. Lovely staff.
No air con but I don't think there is anywhere in bukit lawang- it's the jungle after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bukit Lawang is a peaceful village in the province of North Sumatra. The location is a main access point into the green heart of Sumatra: the Leuser Ecosystem. You will have the unique chance to view rehabilitated and wild orangutans in a guided tour through the lush forests of the region. Staying in the Ecolodge Bukit Lawang is not only a unique experience but also a personal statement in support of sustainable tourism. The facility provides an unprecedented opportunity to be immersed in North Sumatra’s unique rainforest environment while directly contributing to the conservation of the critically endangered Sumatran orangutan – with proceeds donated to the Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme. The Ecolodge Bukit Lawang was established to complement and serve as an outlet for the activities of the Bohorok Environmental Education Centre. Herein we aim to increase awareness towards biodiversity conservation and the implementation and management of proper ecotourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ecolodge Bukit Lawang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Lodge Bukit Lawang Cottage Hotel Bukit Lawang
- Ecolodge Bukit Lawang Sumatra