Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:45 PM
The best day

Reviewed August 27, 2019
ElRoar2
Indonesia
AWESOME – an unforgettable jungle trek!

Reviewed March 16, 2019
Relax563816

All reviews medan airport his team fruit day trek jungle trek made us feel the river thomas leaf monkeys respect cook trainers driver nature tent gibbons animals plants
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019

We took a one day trek with Pauli (?) I’m so sorry if we’ve got the name wrong. It was our favourite experience from our time in travelling Asia so far!
A guide came to meet us the night before at our hotel which made us feel at ease knowing how well organized it would be, and the following morning the same guide came with Pauli to introduce us as it would be him leading our tour.
We were so incredibly lucky to have good weather, and we saw so many Orangutans we couldn’t believe it. At one point we were encircled by them, with a male, a baby, and some females providing a once in a life time experience.
Having read reviews I was worried about the trekking element, as I am not the most confident walking up and down steep terrains, but even for me it was totally fine. There was only one section that was quite slippy, but that is mostly because my trainers don’t have the best grip and even still it wasn’t fear inducing. We had fruit a small section of the rriver and had a chance to chat and ask any questions, and the guide was very knowledggable and friendly. We then went to the part of the river where we’d raft from, and had a chance to swim whilst our lunch was prepared. We are vegan and we were catered for with veg fried rice and more fruit for desert, it was delicious and felt like such an authentically Indonesian experience. The rafting was another of our favourite experiences ever, combining the thrill of the ride with the most breathtaking scenery. I recommend you do this instead of walking back! Overall definitely worth doing, and this company will make you feel like you’re in extremely good hands. Thank you so much to the whole team for making it possible.

Date of experience: August 2019
orangutanexperience, Manager at Orangutan Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Thanks so much for the great review.
We really happy that you and your boyfriend had a great time in jungle.
Our guide name fullie is one of the young generation who had patient in nature and I like to share to you.

We hope to see you again in another time.

Warm regards

Orangutan experience team

Reviewed March 16, 2019

Before going to Bukit Lawang I wanted to be sure to be picked up from Medan airport and to go on a 2 days jungle trek to finally watch orangutans in nature. I therefore was looking for an agency that is managed by local people that have respect for nature and a love for orangutans and other animals that live in the jungle. Feeding and touching animals are further no go’s for me even though I want to see them in a short distance of course. Furthermore I appreciate if the local people have an environmentally conscious behaviour and vehemently interfere when tourists doing stupid things like using a drone without thinking on the impact on animals and nature or leaving their rubbish in the jungle…After all I wanted to go with a small group and ask for a guide with excellent knowledge,.. .. high requirements, I know.
But at the end I was successful and with orangutan experience, Rinto and his team, I found the best agency in Buket. The first contact with Rinto was very nice and the booking of the transfer and the 2 days trek including the payment by credit card were easily done. The 2 days trek then in the jungle was an unforgettable experience. During that time we were a family ( 2 elderly person, 2 youngster, 1 cook, 2 experienced guides) and we were guests that with respect to nature are warmly welcome in the jungle. We saw several orangutans and other animals in their natural environment and learnt a lot about the endemic plants in the rain forest – gorgeous! The excellent service and food etc. was already described in detail by other travellers. I don’t want to repeat everything, but I can absolutely confirm what was reviewed so far. I highly recommend you to go with with orangutan experience into the jungle!
In concluding, I would like to thank Rinto and his team for making my orangutan and jungle experience so great! Hope to come back someday.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Relax563816
Reviewed February 18, 2019

In one word: AMAZING!!! One of the most beautiful and pure experiences of our travels! (and I'm not exaggerating). Before we travelled to Bukit Lawang, we did research about finding a sustainable trekking company. People that have respect for nature and a love for the animals that live there. So no feeding the animals, not touching them, not be noisy with them and keeping a proper distance. It's not allowed to feed the orangutan or any other animals in the Gunung Leuser National Park and that's for a good reason. You could seriously harm their health by giving them diseases that can be fatale. Or your own, because they can be aggressive getting used to people. A lot of people are unaware and feed the animals, just for that Instagram selfie. It's up to you to do proper research and take responsibility protecting nature when you as a tourist visit a nature area like the Gunung park.

With Rinto and his team we were in the best of hands, if you're looking for a trekkingguide(s) with love for nature, stop looking!! They show a lot of respect for nature, the animals that live there and you can see their love and passion for what they do! They did everything to make our trekking the best! We felt really welcome, safe in their hands and in the jungle and made us feel so comfortable! I (Louet) was actually a little scared to sleep in the jungle, so when we came to the camp, they even put up a little tent for us with a good airobed! Nothing to be scared of, I slept like a baby in the jungle!!! The food is the best, during the whole 1 day and after that a 3 day trek (yeah, we even went on a trek twice with Rinto!! :) we ate the best food, prepared by chefs Ucok and Mr. Bendi! Rinto and team (Mr. Bendi, Ucok and Pii) thank you so so much for this unique experience and the love and respect you have and show for nature!!!! If you are looking for a great experience with people with a heart of gold, please go trekking with Orangutan Experience!! Thanks a lot, Kasper & Louet from Holland

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Louet H
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a 4 day, 3 night tour and we really could have stayed for weeks! Our guide Angga was so friendly and knowledgeable about the jungle and the animals that live there! We saw orangutans, macaques, hornbills, black gibbons, white gibbons, thomas leaf monkeys, giant ants and more! On our first day a semi wild orangutan even approached me and my boyfriend and started trying to play with us. Although this was by far the most amazing thing to happen Angga is very respectful of the animals and told us it was time to leave as the mother will be very protective of her baby. I was happy to see there was no feeding of the animals allowing them to live freely in the jungle, except one orangutan who we were told was aggressive so they bribed him with some fruit to let us pass! Even if a little scary this added even more to the experience. The cooks at camp were also very generous and lovely people, my boyfriend eats ALOT and even he was stuffed after every meal. Do not hesitate to book this trip it is a once in a lifetime experience and we will definitely be back again.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Safari743826
orangutanexperience, Owner at Orangutan Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Dear guest,

We are really happy to read that you and your boyfriend had such a great jungle experience with Angga and the rest of our team and to see that the two of you also share our respect for the animals. Good
to hear you will come back. Hopefully see you next time, you're welcome!

Kind regards to you from our team,
Femke

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Highly recommendable, this organisation!
In august we (2 adults with daughters of 7 and 10) booked a 5 day trip with Rinto (the owner), who tunes in to the customers needs very well.
We were picked up on Medan Airport with a decent car and driver and the booked hotel was nice. We left Bukit Lawang (a very cozy place to stay a few days) with two guides.
Anga and Joko really took care of us and our children. They respect nature and are good spotters. Result: lots of spontanious orang utang meetings and a wonderfull hiking trip. There was a cook and raft assistant (Ali), he also did a great job!
Thank you guys!

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank Mark T
orangutanexperience, Manager at Orangutan Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear Mr Mark and family,
Thanks for the nice review. We really happy you and your family enjoy the tour with us. Hope to see you and your family again in another time.

Warm regards from us