“Quirky cafe and good food”
Review of The Old Silk Mill

The Old Silk Mill
More attraction details
Owner description: Dance Hall with our very own Stivis cafe. This family run business hosts 2 dance studios offering a range of tuition and fun activities, delicious fresh, home-cooked food, served in relaxing, vintage-themed surroundings and a selection of curios items to browse and buy. Whether cosying beside the wood burning stove in winter, or enjoying the sun in our welcoming garden space, The Old Silk Mill is the perfect place to be spending your precious family time. The accessible, ground floor toilets are suitable for the elderly and disabled and have baby changing facilities. Childrens high chairs are available. Various events throughout the annual calendar offer occasions to suit every taste. Everybody is welcome here.
Leeds, England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Quirky cafe and good food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I really enjoyed lunch here with my young granddaughter. A very warm welcome and great choice of food. Have already recommended to friends and family.
We'll be returning!

Visited February 2013
Damian M, Owner at The Old Silk Mill, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I would like to thank you all for your great feedback, it means so much to us as does your every visit. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your custom.We value all our clientele and will do all we can to make your visit a pleasurable one.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic food in a laid back olde world antique shoppe setting ... Get fed, buy curios, chat to the lovely owners .. Perfect...”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

A hidden gem .... Soup and sandwiches to die for in a cafe that resembles a shabby chic museum ... Where pretty much everything is for sale .... Have a trip upstairs to the slightly junky bit and grab yourself a ( circa 1950 wooden ironing board ... Needs a new funky cover) kitsch bargain ... And the owner Simon is possibly the friendliest cafe owner I have ever bought roasted pepper and goat cheese paninis from ....
Pssst.... Just keep it a secret though ... This amazing place with scrummy reasonably priced food... Just between me and you ...

Derbyshire
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“You will want to return”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. From the moment I stepped foot in this aladins cave I knew an hour was too short.
The delicious smell of home cooking was a pleasant surprise. The warm hello from Simon very welcoming.
Where to start ! This is a trip back in time. Beautiful chairs of all ages and styles sliver ware, old razors, mirrors, tables, object de art,clothing beautiful pieces for everywhere in your home or someone else's.
a great way to spend leisure time browsing you just can't leave empty handed, I didn't !