“Proper fish nd chips”

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Cleckheaton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello and a very warm welcome to The New Pack Horse at Moorside, Cleckheaton. We're a freehold local pub and restaurant offering a warm welcome and a cosy, relaxed atmosphere. Whether you're looking for somewhere to enjoy a few drinks with friends or a great place to enjoy some wonderful home cooked food you've found the right place. Our well equipped bar offers a great choice of beers, wines and spirits - including real ales (if real ales don't tickle your fancy maybe our extensive cocktail menu is more your thing) Food wise everything is prepared from scratch, using the best local ingredients we can get our hands on to provide an excellent value menu full of popular British meals, lighter bites are available at lunch time and on Sundays we offer a full roast with all the trimmings.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Driven past many times and finally called in. Beer battered fish nd chips plus proper mushy peas
Chef came out to make sure all good. It was, syrup sponge and custard good as well. Try it out you will like it. Nothing too much trouble

There are newer reviews for The New Pack Horse

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been to eat at this Pub again and it was a great meal. All cooked to perfection and lots of it. Ben did us proud. All the staff are great, Adam, Karl and Matt, they really do look after you very well.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were greeted by a lovely lady who gave us the choice of where we'd like to sit (3 rooms - 1 quieter room and 1 near the bar).

I went for the large sirloin whilst my girlfriend had the smaller (actually bigger than what you get in standard restaurants) sirloin - both cooked to perfection and served with decent veg but weren't offered a sauce to go with our steak and we'd completely forgotten to ask but normally I would've had a peppercorn sauce.

We had a few more drinks, weren't pestered into hurrying up to order a pudding/pay up because they needed the table back like you are in most restaurants; we ordered 2 homemade cheesecakes (1 banoffee and 1 lemon) and boy we wished we'd ordered 1 between us as they were MAHOOSIVE! We ended up doing half and half but I preferred the lemon as it was more refreshing and I found the banoffee very tasty but there was simply too much of it which in turn would probably make me feel a bit sicky after if I'd had a whole one.

When we were presented with the bill there was no big shock as prices were very reasonable for a steak house like this, this was certainly no run of the mill TGIs/F&B - I felt like a valued customer. The nice lady who had greeted us took the time to sit and discuss the area as we'd explained we were new to the area and gave us some real good pointers.

Ive booked again over Christmas and surely wont be disappointed.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We came for Sunday lunch,
Starter took about 20minutes to come was ok, main came and was very disappointing the meat was cold and not very nice only 2 vegetables and not much of it, gravy was like water and lacked in flavour.
Cost of food is expensive for quality being served.

Staff were polite and friendly.

1  Thank Wind8587
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was taken from the Trip Advisor recommended restaurants for this area.

It was very good, and the manager could not do enough to help you. My husband did not want 'mushy peas' with his fish, so he said he could have garden peas. I did not want chips with my dinner, so he let me have mashed potatoes.

In all, good value for money.