“Best pub in Liversedge”
Review of The Marsh

The Marsh
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Cleckheaton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: a great pub/restaurant that has a good local reputation
Liversedge
“Best pub in Liversedge”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Really warm welcome! Went with family for Sunday lunch great menu and beers used to be regulars at swan but this will be new place on Sunday !!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Phil t

Ossett, United Kingdom
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Took my Grandma out for a meal for her birthday, and went to The Marsh on her recommendation as she had eaten there a few times before. I can see why she keeps going back. The staff are polite and efficient, the food and beer is very nice, and all reasonably priced aswell. I will certainly be returning at some point.

2 Thank prf-76
Leeds, United Kingdom
“stick to the steak...”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Some our party chose steak, and I have to say it looked good, and they were pleased with their meal. I chose the Thai Chicken Curry, - big mistake...It was the worst meal I have ever had in a pub/restaurant. The rice was bland and the sauce tasted like it had just come out of a packet or a jar,(the chicken in it was ok). It did not resemble Thai food in any shape or form. I was recommended this eatery by a relative, I will not be going again. Anywhere that can put a meal of this standard, on a menu, - and think it acceptable, - does not deserve the trade. The best part of my meal was a little bowl of sweet potato chips that for some reason they chose to serve with it ??? (It was Friday evening and the place only had a couple of more tables filled)!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JanieW_12
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Absolutely stuffed!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and me popped in for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Having never been before, we were worried that it would have had a 'local' feel and not been very welcoming. How unfound our worries were - the pub had a lovely, friendly ambience, making us feel settled from the minute we walked in.
After ordering our drinks, we were shown into the conservatory dining area and placed our food order. Hubby had a steak and ale pie with chips and peas. I opted for a pulled pork sandwich with chips and salad. Both cost just £6.95 each. Hubby said his pie was tasty, with a puff pastry topping. My pork sandwich was crammed full and to be honest, would have been enough on its own.
Would highly recommend as a place to eat and drink. We will definitely be back.

2 Thank MichelleDave
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Lovely hot food in a welcoming atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times now and loved it each time. There is ample parking, so you can be sure of a good start to your visit. The pub is in sections, with a light conservatory for dining and the rest for drinking only. There is a good range of food options, all for roughly £7, which are always well cooked. Drinks are reasonable too. Would highly recommend to people of all ages.

1 Thank ThomasJPitts