“Chicken tikka is great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Aakash Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Cleckheaton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Chicken tikka is great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very clean inside but being SO big it feels more like a school dining hall. Too many tables makes restricted access and room to move. Beer prices are high and soft drinks are extortionate.
The buffet food is really good. Plenty of choice from starters to main. Desserts are a ok too. Have to say the chicken tikka is EXCELLENT, except when stood for too long in turines goes quite dry.
In the whole it is nice, but cramped n noisy

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Average 'Indian' buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have been a couple of times with big groups for the buffet. The building is impressive (its a huge old chapel) but the size only really suits big groups of people as there is not much atmosphere. Drinks are an average price but be warned you need to spend at least £5 to use a debit card.

The starters are good - a big choice with lots of nice salads and pickles to have on the side. The usual standard 'indian' choices pakoras, samosas etc with the token 'english' dishes of fried chicken and chips! The mains are a bit disappointing most are swimming in ghee and to be honest they all taste very similar. The desserts are a pleasant surprise, the carrot halva, rice pudding and cottage cheese dumplings are really lovely, although you may be hesitant to try them they are worth a taste.

Aakash is what it is - a large buffet restaurant that suffers from trying to bulk cater - the quality suffers. It is like many other indian restaurants accross the country, there is nothing special about it but its ok. Having said that it is good value if you have a big appetite as you can eat as much as you want and the choice is good, the staff are friendly, plus you can go with a really large group and there is free parking.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was about 60 of us in total and the restaurant had prepared well for us.

We received a warm welcome and were promptly served our drinks. As it is buffet it is self serve. I love eating out but I have a small appetite and don't enjoy mass produced food or the experience of buffets, however I enjoyed my food and experience at Aakash. I didn't try everything but was pleasantly surprised to find a range of grilled food on offer and so made the most of this. I only tried one curry and that was a vegetable one, it was delicious. The best part was still to come - chocolate fountain for dessert - yum.

My reasons for not giving five stars - the lovely young lady was making me a skewer of strawberry and marshmallow ready to dip under the oozing chocolate and was told by an older male waiter to take some of the strawberries and marshmallows off : ( more embarrassed for her I accepted my reduced portion and trotted off to my table - devoured my skewer and went back : ) (twice I think) My original skewer would have saved my multiple visits although if truth be told I probably needed the exercise.

Visited March 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have been to the Akash many times, never been disappointed, we were seated upstairs, we were given a great service, given a great table overlooking the main restaurant, we were able to experience the lovely building and view the restaurant from a high level, the food was fantastic and was very tasty, the staff were very busy but we were happy with the service we were give, if your in doubt to try or not, I would say do it, and make your own mind up.

Manchester, UK
“Not bad, but not great either...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Let's start with the plus points, Staff were very good, efficient, attentive and freindly. Atmosphere was also good, a little noisy but lively and the restaurant was nicely laid out. The biggest disappointment was the food, it was at best average and the choice limited compared to other buffet restaurants I have visited. The curries and starters were good quality but very average in flavour. Desserts counter was poor, green custard in the trifle, ice cream poor, the chocolate fountain was a good idea but the choice was poor. The big questeion is "Would I go back" - hmmmm.. maybe, but not for a while.

• 2 of 5 bubbles