“Returned many times”

Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Cleckheaton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We Are Now Celebrating 30 Years Of Business As From Today 1 April .thank You To Everyone Who As Made This Possible
Reviewed January 16, 2013

been eating here for years and to be fair you wont find a better local italian that is actually italian. the food is good and the protion sizes are great. as other reviewers have pointed out it is a little more rushed than previous years mainly due to the fact they are jam packed all night every night which speaks merit in itself. we enjoy the feel of this place and dont mind waiting in prosecco having a drink whilst waiting for a table.. all in all for what you pay its very good with an "italian" feel. would deffo reccomend.

1  Thank MattLeeds1981

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Sunday. Had the early bird offer which was great value for money. Service was efficient. Large portions.
Could have been more attentive and asked if people needed drinks more often. On occasions one of us requested a drink and waitress didnt think to ask if anyone else needed one and went to walk away, had to call her back. Would also help if they had a drinks list rather than just wine list available so people know what they can order. Mum ordered a cider and was asked "is kopparberg ok?" was brought a pear cider, not made clear.
Music a little loud.
Food was fantastic, tasty and large portions especially for the early bird price.
Would go back and recommend.

1  Thank LABRGD
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Quite a bit over the top on price, very rushed. Kept getting asked (about 7 times) if everything was ok. Will not take bookings if you are a small group, say couples or small family, which indicates to me that if they have a larger offer they will accept that and you can turn up, as advised, only to find there is no room and you could have booked elsewhere.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

When it comes to quality, service, atmosphere and all round dining experience nowhere compares to Aldo's.

Food - The tomato garlic bread is beyond compare. The lasagne and the calzone are excellent, never have I had better.

Service - The staff are always friendly and ensure a dining experience second to none.

Atmosphere - even when busy Pino and his staff make sure all customers feel valued.

What more can you ask for from a restaurant? I will keep returning to enjoy more dining experiences whilst enjoying my favourite dishes.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Its probably about 4 years or so since I last visited Aldos, choosing not to go from a previous bad experience
Last night my friend persuaded me that we should give it another go, we got there for around 6pm which I expected to be a busy time. We had a wait of about 40 minutes which is ok, we had a drink in the Proseco bar whilst waiting for a table average wine at an elevated price.
The table when we got to it was separated from our neighbours by about 10cm, the bar manageress rushed us to our table (apparently we werent moving fast enough, she grabbed the wine and cooler from my friend with' I'll take that'!!!). We both ordered pizza, my friends pepperoni had masses of cheese and very little else, my Calzone was ok.
You could definitely tell the regulars and they without question received a different standard of service. The waiter taking our order was uninterested, the food came out quickly and the plates cleared even faster. We still had wine left and so sat finishing our drinks a waitress stood very close by and swooped as soon as we had finished.
It will I fear be longer than 4 years before I visit again