We just returned from the Xandari, and loved it. Our room (#1) was large and very clean, with spectacular views of the ocean. My wife is especially concerned about cleanliness, and she enjoyed our room more than I have ever seen her approve of anywhere else! The food was very reasonably priced and impressive, with a reasonable array of choices. Our plan included breakfast, which was simple but tasty (other options cost money, i.e. pancakes/eggs/etc). The service was pleasant and attentive. The swimming pool was small, but well-conceived. Frankly, in my opinion the pool was pointless because the beach is so great-so we spent almost no time at the pool.
This is a fantastic resort for those looking for simple elegance, long walks on a deserted and beautiful beach, and for relaxing. I would not recommend this resort for those looking for a singles scene or a wide variety of entertainment options in close vicinity. You will need a car or to coordinate tours if you want to go someplace else for food or entertainment. As we did not want either, the Xandari was perfect. The restaurant noted below (low tide lounge) is in esterillos oeste, and definitely not a quick walk.
The wildlife at this resort was limited but beautiful. We had the opportunity to view plenty of scarlet macaws (but you do have to watch or listen for them), and a great number of iguanas.
In regards to one poster that complained about the lack of blinds, you can block out the sun if you like. However, one of those options involves closing an outside drape (and in our case blocking its movement in the wind with chairs). This didn't bother us at all, we just got up a bit earlier and loved the clear sunlight and view of the ocean coming in. For those who like living in a cave, our room probably would have been a bit disagreeable. You also have to be a bit mindful about exhibitionist displays!
Overall,I would highly recommend visiting this report, and hope to return myself some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este