Sunset Del Mar Resort(Esterillos Este)(Great Value!)
$132
$96
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Hotel Playa Bejuco(Esterillos Este)(Great Value!)
$72
Pelican Hotel(Esterillos Este)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
Hotel Delfin Playa Bejuco(Playa Bejuco)(Great Value!)
$65
La Dolce Vita(Esterillos Oeste)(Great Value!)
$79
$67
Beso del Viento(Parrita)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
$80
$78
Backyard Hotel(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$113
$97
Orbitz.com
All reviewsplunge pooloutdoor showercosta ricamanuel antonioprivate gardenrestaurant staffhotel is beautifulthe wait staffcouples massagetotal privacybright colorsopen airrented a carrainy seasonpeaceful placeblack sandocean front
Reviewed November 27, 2008

NO Curtains!!!!! If you want to sleep in, don't go here. Otherwise, it is a great place. I agree with all of the reviews except the one guy complaining about reservation hassles. It is very remote, so I recommend that you have a car if you want to do anything away from the hotel. Jaco is good for some quick souvenir shopping, and not much else. My wife and I walked 3+ miles north on the beach and stumbled upon the Low Tide Lounge. A cool place to hang out, have a couple of cerevezas, and watch the surfers in 4-6+ surf. All in all a great place, and it bumps up to 5 stars if they could just darken the rooms so you don't wake up at 5:30am.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jandzl
Reviewed November 27, 2008

Simply the most romantic beach and hotel we've ever visited. Total relaxation at a beautiful pool, beach and hotel. Great staff. Come here to relax; not to be a loud American who wants to see monkies.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2008

It is difficult to express the many different feelings that this property exudes. That being said, I will try, perhaps by just saying "I want to go back to this country just to stay here".
Primo features of the property was the outstanding architecture, location, service, food, facilities.etc.
The beach was perfect providing me with the largest starfish I have ever discovered. The grounds were impecable filled with natural beauty and gardens.
The rooms were perfect in every detail proving every ammenity I needed including a wonderful aura of lighting, privacy and comfort. Several garden & seating areas were available inside your gated and secure villa.
The staff attended to every detail needed or requested and with a strong service orientation without being obtrusive.
The food was excellent and beautifully presented.
Services at the Spa were supurb experiencing the finest massage of my life presented by a knowledgeable and caring masseuse.
...and the list could go on and on....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2008

My wife and I just returned from Costa Rica for our honeymoon and we stayed the entire week at Xandari by the Pacific. I can't disagree with the other reviews about the beauty of the grounds and the great and super friendly staff. I can see where the food may lack the finest of a quality restaurant in the United States. It was very good in comparison to anything I have experienced in Costa Rica. The seafood was excellent!
The villas were beautiful. The showers were able to be opened to the private garden area in each villa with a sliding glass door or doors. The common garden areas were absolutely stunning, and we did see a lot of butterflies and lizards.
The only things I think that any future visitors need to know- if you don't rent a vehicle it is about a $66 (in August 2008) round trip cab ride to Jaco which is the closest large town. Quepos and Manual Antonio is an even more expensive cab ride. So if you are looking to do any day trips for shopping or other dining experiences you have to factor that into the budget. Another thing is if you have made a deal as far as rates for anything, get it in writing. We had some issues with being quoted one price and then finding out it was more than we were quoted. The staff did there best to work with us on this but it was definitely disappointing.
So if you are looking for a completely relaxing place away from the world this is your spot. If you need a little action with your relaxation make sure you have a vehicle to get around because you are in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank altstofmnd
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Xandari for four nights. We were looking for a refuge and total relaxation. And this we received!

This hotel is located in a fairly isolated area. Each room is designed for total privacy. We loved the open air shower in the room and the private patio looking right out at the ocean. And the grounds are pretty. They have two great pools and a pretty open air restaurant. However, the beach front chairs and landscaping could be better. Therefore, we stayed at the pool.

Also, the staff was EXCELLENT. They staff helped us figure out how to arrive at the resort via public bus before we had even left the US. The restaurant staff was particularly wonderful. They were so friendly and made sure we were comfortable and happy at the resort. And John Carlo's pina colada is a MUST! You will have to have more than one.

During our stay, I also went to the spa for a 90 minute treatment and massage. This was the best massage I have ever had! The spa is gorgeous and the staff, particularly Evelyn, was so sweet and friendly. It was worth every penny.

With that said - Xandari is an expensive resort for Playa Esterillos area, so we had high expectations. Given that we did not rent a car, we had to eat at the restaurant every night, but the restaurant did not live up to our expectations. The menu is huge and they really did not do anything very well. In addition, the food is too expensive given the quality.

Overall, (besides the staff) the restaurant was a big disappointment. Therefore, for those who put much weight on food, we would recommend either renting a car so that you can easily leave the resort to eat OR plan day trips to Jaco or Manuel Antonio and enjoy your meals there.

• Stayed: August 2008