I spent 4 nights at this outstanding hotel with my fiance. The staff arranged shuttle service from the San Jose airport directly to (and from) the hotel, which was easy and comforting (especially for those who don't know much about getting around the country). We were greeted warmly by the staff as we walked in. Just stepping through the entrance instantly made me feel satisfied with my choice to stay here. The walkways are exuberant in artsy decorations, colorful walls, and bright plants and flowers.
We stayed in a garden bungalow-- another option is the beachfront villa where you can directly face the ocean. However, we were extremely pleased with our bungalow. There's a mini bar that the staff fills with Costa Rican beer, wine, juices, water, coffee and so much more. It has an outdoor shower, right in the back of the large room, where the water flows into your personal garden (this was my favorite). There is a lot of privacy in these rooms that look like colorful, cute studios. There IS WiFi in the rooms and hotel (if you have time to even check your phone)!
There is a restaurant on the premises, and my fiance and I ate there constantly. The food was absolutely incredible (coming from a food-crazed girl!) Every meal was fresh and cooked exceptionally. The fruits are fantastic! You MUST try them. I hate eating papaya in the states-- it has a weird aftertaste-- but after trying it here, I fell in love. There is a free breakfast that is included with your stay, but I personally loved their Alma Pancakes which has banana, granola and rum in it. The Tico Breakfast is a typical Costa Rican breakfast, which was another favorite. A staff member told us (and we completely agree) to get seafood. Since the hotel is right by the ocean, you can be sure to get fresh and tasty seafood at any time. The whole Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Grilled Tuna, and Sashimi dishes were divine. Absolute perfection. Their tropical cheese is AWESOME! I honestly ordered it on the side of everything I got (try it fried, too). We also got drinks every night. If you have a sweet tooth like my fiance, go for the Black or White Russian. It's like a dessert in a wonderful cocktail. If you're more on the fruit and aromatic side like me, go for the mojitos. Best mojitos, ever. Seriously. I kept asking for more and more.
Literally steps away from the restaurant is the ocean. You can walk on the beach and see tons of little crabs. We even found a seahorse! There are hammocks, swings and beach chairs available. At night, it gets pitch black, but the staff goes out and lights cool tiki torches. Be mindful of the tides-- it can get really low FAST. They have two pools on the premises and a hot tub. While we were there, there were not a ton of guests, so we had a lot of privacy, even in the large pool.
The staff at this hotel are so helpful and sweet. They have great personalities! They would stop to have a conversation with us, and assist us in any way possible. Carmen was amazing! She helped arrange many trips for us around the country, which we needed a lot of help with since we had never been to Costa Rica before. She made sure to find great deals and prices for taxis and tours. Other staff members made us feel "at home" in this beautiful hotel.
I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. GREAT choice if you're visiting Costa Rica for the first time, or any time at all. I definitely had a wonderful first experience in this country. Thank you all for the lovely time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este