All reviews plunge pool outdoor shower costa rica manuel antonio private garden restaurant staff hotel is beautiful the wait staff couples massage total privacy bright colors open air rented a car rainy season peaceful place black sand ocean front
Reviewed March 28, 2008

My husband and I did the 2 resort Xandari package for our 5th anniversary celebration. Our villa was beautiful - with a panoramic view of the ocean. It had huge sliding glass doors that led out to a porch where we could sit and watch the waves roll in. The hotel was very secluded and peaceful, but not so far away that i couldn't walk 300m down the road to buy a toothbrush at a little local shop when i forgot mine. For excursions, we did the dolphin/catamaran cruise and manuel antonio nat'l park (pay extra for the private/guided tour - it's worth it-)all in the same day ( you save taxi fare this way). Ask for Fernan to be your taxi driver - he was amazing...stopping along the way to show us trees and palms and different things that 'Tico's" use for their livelihood. He even took us to his favorite 'soda' (road-side local restaurant) for lunch...it was the best food we had the entire trip! We also did the mangrove kayak tour at damas island. it's a great way to see lots of wildlife up close - the monkeys practically jumped in our kayaks! The hotel took care of everything - arranging our excursions/tours, scheduling Fernan the driver, and the great thing is that they could charge everything to your room, so you only had to pay once and didn't have to worry about local currency, etc. The restaurant at xandari pacific was lovely - we didn't have a bad meal there - in fact, it was so good we ate all 4 nights there. we had something different every night and it was all fantastic, especially the fresh seafood. It was very reasonably priced...for appetizers, 2 drinks, 2 entrees and dessert we usually spent around 40 -45USD$ including tip. Bring sunscreen and a good sense of adventure and you'll have a blast like we did!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank LeighLC
Reviewed February 17, 2008

My wife and my 2 -1/2 year old daughter spent 5 days here and we cannot stop thinking about our stay. The villas are over the top and the spa is brand new and we felt like we were in a private hotel. The beach is amazing and the staff was great. The hotel was half full so we had the beach, pool and restaurants practically to ourselves, not that if it was full it would have been crowded. They have thought of everything and the villas are stunning. We even found so children everyday for our daughter to play with either on the beach or at the hotel. If you compare the price to the carribean, its a steal.. for costa rica its a little pricey but worth it
Can't miss this one

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank NycTom
Reviewed February 14, 2008

My girlfriends and I spent our 50th birthday celebration at the Xandari in January. We had a wonderful experience, thanks to the excellent staff. I had pre-arranged to surprise my friends with cake and champagne, and Shannon knew me by name when we checked in. A delicious birthday cake and a wonderful bottle of bubbly arrived in short order. The rooms were spotless, the staff discreet, and the small private resort, although fully booked, seemed to be just for us. Melania (sp?) took care of our every need. The views out of the villas are gorgeouse, and they literally open onto a deserted beach. The beds seemed a little hard at first, but they must have been good, because 4 crotchety old women had no complaints. The only problem we had the whole trip was a malfunctioning air conditioner, and we reported it early one morning, and as we were leaving breakfast, we saw a crew bringing in a new unit. The resort is sort of out-of-the-way, but that is what we were looking for. I'm afraid this may change soon, as our guide was telling of big development plans for the area, what a shame. GO NOW, while you can get the full experience.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank southernlady12
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Xandari by the Pacific and it was a Dream. From the time we arrived in the wee hours in the morning until we left (sad to say) the service was superb. All the needs we require were met by the friendly and welcoming staff. We will be back for sure.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank TFrancisco
Reviewed June 12, 2007

As residents of Costa Rica for 9 years, (Originally from New York City) we have stayed at the original XANDARI--in the mountains of Alajuela. It has repeatedly been our pick and recommendation to all of our friends and clients and in fact, we have a hard time getting them to go anywhere else, after they have experienced this luxury, tropical oasis. We thought nothing could be more beautiful, until the Dynamic Broudy Husband and Wife Team opened Xandari, right on the beach overlooking the Pacific. Sherrill, A California Architect has carefully designed every vista and interior detail with comfort and beauty in mind. While his talented wife and artist, Charlene completed this feast for the eyes with her paintings, tapestries and mosaics. And their not finished yet! with the spa due to open for the high season.

As I sit in my luxury villa with wireless internet facing the sea, I realize I have found a new sanctuary to write and think and experience what Anne Lindbergh referred to as "Gifts from the Sea" . Since I also do team retreats and Executive Coaching , I will definitly use Xandari Pacific for corporate guests due to the amenities required for today's corporate travellers. There's Wireless Internet, AC, TV/Training Room, Areas for Break-out, Security and Villas that will jaw drop even the most discriminating business traveller.

Thank you XANDARI (Charlene and Sherrill) for once again creating paradise within paradise.

Rosemary Rein, Ph.D
[--]

I'll post my pictures when I return home to the City.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank gowildrosemary