“Love the Location and beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa

Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Esterillos Este
Chicago, Illinois
“Love the Location and beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We loved the beach so much we didn't do much sightseeing. We had this amazing colorful resort to ourselves as they were gearing up for the busy season. We loved that the location of Alma being so close to to Joco and Manuel Antonio and Quepos, which we did get out to visit. A big thank you to Aldo and the other staff that went out of there way to answer my endless questions and getting all our needs met. My husband and son took their first surf lesson provided by the resort and our now hooked on surfing. We love Costa Rica and plan on returning again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Alma del Pacifico in early November 2012. We had a little trouble finding it, since it isn't signed from the east, but once we found it, we were enchanted! We stayed in #14, which is a garden bungalow and very private. The architecture is very colourful and modern with beautiful, interesting artwork on the walls! We especially liked the round wall of the indoor/outdoor shower! The grounds are lush and gorgeous with two pools and a hot tub. We really enjoyed the lounges and hammocks that were right on the beach which goes for miles and miles. Since we were there at the end of off-season, it was not very busy and we had the place to ourselves much of the time!
The breakfasts are served in the dining room and were very delicious, especially the banana rum pancakes! We enjoyed one dinner there and it was delicious as well.
While we were there, we visited Jaco which is about 30 minutes away. We went up to the Rainforest Adventure and took the zipline tour, which was amazing! The tram goes from 1000' up to 3000', and then a series of 10 ziplines bring you back to the bottom. What an incredible view!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John and Kathy E
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Alma del Pacifico for our wedding this past Spring. I cannot say enough good things about the Alma!! The staff is amazing, the rooms are a relaxing blend of tropical paradise and vacationing comfort, and the beach is beyond spectacular. This was truly the wedding of a lifetime and a perfect private paradise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy S
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beatiful spot, amazing helpful staff, beautiful seafront villas with stunning design, great food, gorgeous beach, tranquil and away from everything... treat yourself!

The staff went out their way to help us - particularly when we had an issue getting back to the airport due to a car crash closing the main road.

I couldn't recommend more

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chunk_pd
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went in Aug 2012 and since it was low season, we had an extra peaceful vacation- until a large family reunion showed up on our 2nd last day but it wasn't too bad. Having the shoreline just steps from your patio door was absoutely heaven! Staff was helpful, friendly especially the hotel restaurant. Food was fresh, organic, professionally presented... right up our alley! Even the pool was non chlorinated. Spa was ok. The therapist spoke no English so accomodating my shoulder problem was tricky. We would definitely return for a short stay if we are in that area.

Room Tip: get a beachfront room- it's worth hearing the waves 24/7.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank misstravelbrat
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon in May. We have stayed here before, three years ago and wanted to come back one last time before we went on to new ventures. We found out when booking that this place is no longer owned by Xandari, but we figured we would take our chances and actually Xandari in the Central Valley (Alajuela) booked it for us and had everything prepared for us, check them out they are awesome.
So we arrived here after a few days in Alajuela at Xandari. We found all the amenities to be the same the rooms are still the same they have just added tv and I think wireless internet they are beautiful rooms. The maids are very nice and do a great job cleaning. The views are amazing it's all right on the beach that goes for miles.
My complaints are when we arrived we noticed the sliding glass doors leave about a 1/2 inch gap allowing the bugs, at this time of year to get in and bite the heck out of you! So we ended up having to take the robes they provide and plug the hole with them otherwise we would have had a ton of bug bites, and not to mention I don't mind bugs, I just don't want them in my room.
The food, is horrible compaired to the previous owner nothing tastes very good at all, and there drinks are hit or miss depending on who is preparing them. Also I had ordered cold cereal on morning because we were tryigng ot leave to quepos for the day and it was stale, when I called the restaurant I said "the cereal is stale, can you just reimburse us" they didn't want to reimburse and just said they would bring more cereal, still stale!!! And I dind't want it anyway and I still had cereal on my bill !! I gave up and we just left with empty stomachs and got food in quepos. That is my main complaint.
We also had an issue with of the managers when we were in our room and all of the sudden I see people coming to our door and then use there key to open it. I came to the door and he (the manager) said "oh, sorry I thought this room was vacant, I was going to show them our rooms", and he left. It was the same guy who originally checked us in! So lets just say it freaked us out a bit. He apologized again later.
Also there service needs a little help, I was told I could get a carseat by noon and I had to call at 2 and ask where it was, they told me it needed to be cleaned. Apparently it was coming from one of there employees storage. my husband went to check on it only to find out our son will not fit in the carseat!! So after renting a car that morning, waiting half the day for the car seat. We waited another 1/2 hour for another car seat didn't get the carseat until 5 that evening. When I could have gotten a cart seat from the rental company who said they could have it there by 2 we refused the offer because the manager said she could get one by 12! Ugghh lets just say it was frustrating and we rented a car we couldn't use and they made no effort to compensate us for it.
They were also supposed to have a ride for us back to central valley and seemed to have forgot that, good thing I checked.
Let's just say if you need something you gotta make sure you check with them 10 times and find other retaurants to eat. They are good ones near by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank JAL L
Honaunau, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

What an outstanding experience we had at Alma del Pacifico. The villa was beyond beautiful and exceptionally private. Once we stepped thru the door into our garden, the world was gone. We could sun bathe in total privacy, which extended to the open shower. Wow! What a starry experience, showering under the stars. The art work, the colors and textures of the villa are so tastefully done. Kudos to the designer and decorators. The whole place was one big, beautiful piece of art. The dining facilities, overlooking the beach are great and so are the staff. They didn't miss a single opportunity to make our stay better. The menu was excellent and the kitchen staff knew how to make each meal a delightful event. Our 4 days ended waaaaay too soon. Next time, we're coming for a week. And Fernando, I get to pick the horses next time! Ha!

Room Tip: Our villa was on the back row, in the far corner. It was completely private and quiet which is what...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
#3 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park
5.0 of 5 stars 1,296 reviews

Been to Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!