My husband and I came here for our honeymoon in May. We have stayed here before, three years ago and wanted to come back one last time before we went on to new ventures. We found out when booking that this place is no longer owned by Xandari, but we figured we would take our chances and actually Xandari in the Central Valley (Alajuela) booked it for us and had everything prepared for us, check them out they are awesome.
So we arrived here after a few days in Alajuela at Xandari. We found all the amenities to be the same the rooms are still the same they have just added tv and I think wireless internet they are beautiful rooms. The maids are very nice and do a great job cleaning. The views are amazing it's all right on the beach that goes for miles.
My complaints are when we arrived we noticed the sliding glass doors leave about a 1/2 inch gap allowing the bugs, at this time of year to get in and bite the heck out of you! So we ended up having to take the robes they provide and plug the hole with them otherwise we would have had a ton of bug bites, and not to mention I don't mind bugs, I just don't want them in my room.
The food, is horrible compaired to the previous owner nothing tastes very good at all, and there drinks are hit or miss depending on who is preparing them. Also I had ordered cold cereal on morning because we were tryigng ot leave to quepos for the day and it was stale, when I called the restaurant I said "the cereal is stale, can you just reimburse us" they didn't want to reimburse and just said they would bring more cereal, still stale!!! And I dind't want it anyway and I still had cereal on my bill !! I gave up and we just left with empty stomachs and got food in quepos. That is my main complaint.
We also had an issue with of the managers when we were in our room and all of the sudden I see people coming to our door and then use there key to open it. I came to the door and he (the manager) said "oh, sorry I thought this room was vacant, I was going to show them our rooms", and he left. It was the same guy who originally checked us in! So lets just say it freaked us out a bit. He apologized again later.
Also there service needs a little help, I was told I could get a carseat by noon and I had to call at 2 and ask where it was, they told me it needed to be cleaned. Apparently it was coming from one of there employees storage. my husband went to check on it only to find out our son will not fit in the carseat!! So after renting a car that morning, waiting half the day for the car seat. We waited another 1/2 hour for another car seat didn't get the carseat until 5 that evening. When I could have gotten a cart seat from the rental company who said they could have it there by 2 we refused the offer because the manager said she could get one by 12! Ugghh lets just say it was frustrating and we rented a car we couldn't use and they made no effort to compensate us for it.
They were also supposed to have a ride for us back to central valley and seemed to have forgot that, good thing I checked.
Let's just say if you need something you gotta make sure you check with them 10 times and find other retaurants to eat. They are good ones near by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este