Meant to be one of the best in Costa Rica and probably is. Each villa is totally private which is just as well since your shower looking into part of your your private garden, your bed looks over the living area and out through huge patio doors and floor to ceiling windows across a short garden to the beach. There are no blinds or curtains but there is nobody to look in, if you want privacy there are curtains on the patio which block the view to the beach, but it is wonderful to wake up to the view. The location is about 20km south of Jaco and very secluded, so you are hard pushed to see people on the beach. I was there over a weekend although slightly out of season I walked for 2 hours one morning in the direction of Jaco and only saw a hand full of locals. That being the case there is abundant wildlife. The restaurant is excellent and the staff could not be more helpful, the froom is provided with complementary soft drinks with beer $5 and small bottle of wine $14, so it is worth stocking your fridge from the supermarket. The spa looked excellent though I did not try it and the two pools small but in beautiful setting. The beach is not golden sand but is clean with an abundance of shells. The sea is not calm, waves break and at low tide there is a strong rip. I am a good swimmer and even at high tide you can feel the strength of the ocean, great for surfers and confident swimmers, others should paddle and use the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este