“Riding with Diego”

and up
Beach Horseback Riding Adventure Near Jaco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to ride Healthy Horses with a Bilingual All Around Horsemen on a Customized beach riding adventure located near Manuel Antonio Beach and Jaco Beach. Specialized in small groups and customized tours. With a lifetime of equestrian experience my brother Gustavo and I (Diego) welcome you to enjoy our Personalized service complemented with well-trained mustangs, forested trails and secluded beaches. Our commitment: every rider will be match with the best possible mount according to riding ability, weight and personality. Tours are customizable, horses are happy and healthy, and we guarantee a comfortable and personal interaction for the duration of your tour. Beach ride can be customized from 1 to 2 hour riding time including wager and riding instructions. Delicious lunch at ocean front beach restaurant is optional! transfers from Manuel Antonio and Jaco available upon request
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our family enjoyed a fabulous ride - ~ 2 hours, starting with a riding tour of the ranch overlooking the ocean and ending with a run on the beach. The horses are healthy and well-trained (translate: they can and will run!). Diego Solis is an excellent guide and teacher, world's friendliest guy and his English is impeccable. He is also a photo wizard with a smart phone. Don't miss this if you're in the Jaco/Esterillos area and you enjoy riding!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"great pictures"
"great horses"

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went to the south of costa rica for the last two days of our vacation and wanted to go horseback riding along the beach just to try it out. We rode once before at yellowstone, but rancho savegre is much better. instead of just being tied to a line like we were in yellowstone, Diego (the owner and our guide) gave each of us a horse and let us control them ourselves. They were very well trained and we were off after only a few minutes of training from diego. We were lucky enough that another rider was with us who had a horse that diego took care of, and so we ended up with two guides riding through the forest, one in front and one in back. We ended with a ride on the 7 mile long secluded esterillos beach where we got to let the horses run along the waves in the sunset, and Diego even showed us some of his rodeo tricks with his lasso! The ranch was only 40 min from our hotel in Herradura, and even less from Jaco and Hermosa. He told us to meet him at the Montery del Mar hotel, great restaurant good prices ($15pp dinner) btw, and he took us to his ranch across the road and dropped us off right next to our cars parked in front of the hotel when we were done. Lots of fun and not as expensive as some of the other ranches either. HIGHLY recommended for anyone looking for a horseback ride on the beach in the sunset!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I am an avid rider while my husband had only ridden 3 times and we both enjoyed this activity. We had a unique experience where the other couple canceled so we had a "private" ride and went through the pastures and through rougher terrain than he normal takes. It was great fun and the horses were amazing. Very well trained and in-tune with their rider. Even my husband loved his horse at the end of the ride and was very impressed, saying it was the best "trail ride" he has been on and actually learned a lot from Diego's instructions. His riding posture greatly improved throughout the ride and he seemed to get more comfortable as the ride went on which greatly impressed me as the avid rider on his teaching ability. The country side was beautiful and we luckily came upon a family of squirrel monkeys. The ride on the beach was my favorite part. I could canter down the beach and trot with my husband in water. It was a great time and the horses were so well trained not to run away with the rider as soon as they see an open stretch of land like normal "trail horses" would. A great experience and I can't wait to do it again next time we are in Costa Rica.

RANCHOSAVEGRE, Owner at The Riding Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

you are very welcome!!
I am always happy to share the most I can with novice or begginer riders. As far as our visitors let us help, I ussually give an ABC simple to follow to improve.
some horsepeople dismiss the possibility of begginers to learn, but I always give my best to help begginers to be confident.
In other hand, our horses are train to work with the cowboys at the ranch, then in order to accomplish horse previous experience, we encourage the riders to be with the horses as consisten as possible to enjoy the ride.
Private riding lessons are also a posibillity, contacting us directly via email. ridingadventure@gmail.com

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our group of 6 inexperienced, 60 something riders booked this tour with a company in Jaco, it would have been much better if we had contacted Diego directly (diego@theridingadventure.com) as we would have gotten a better price and been able to customize it more. We paid for a 2 hour ride beach and rain forest and lunch. Diego took one look at us and suggested we stick to the beach.

The horses were beautiful and well trained, even with inexperienced riders they were well behaved. It is clear they love and respect Diego. We were impressed. Diego took lots of pictures for us, and showed us his rope skills when we were approached by some stray dogs. It was a good experience but we did wish we had opted for a sunset ride. The sunsets on that beach are exceptional.

We went back to the hotel for a very good lunch at a table under a tree, overlooking the surf. Can't get better than that.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I went on a sunset ride with Diego and his horses on our trip to CR in February. First off, I appreciated the fact that Diego really seemed to care about his horses and that they looked well taken care of and happy. Being a horse owner myself, the comfort and happiness of the horses is an important concern of mine. Secondly, riding on the beach at sunset was absolutely incredible! It was so beautiful and the horses really seemed to like running in the surf. It has always been a a dream of mine to horseback ride down the beach through the surf and Rancho Savegre made that happen! Diego was also great about taking some incredible pictures of us on the beach at sunset. He's quite the skilled photographer! Lastly, the meal that was provide at the end of the ride was delicious! All in all, it was a great experience that my boyfriend and I will always remember!