“Simply Amazing!!!!”

and up
Beach Horseback Riding Adventure near Jaco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to ride Healthy Horses with a Bilingual All Around Horsemen on a Customized beach riding adventure located near Manuel Antonio Beach and Jaco Beach. Specialized in small groups and customized tours. With a lifetime of equestrian experience my brother Gustavo and I (Diego) welcome you to enjoy our Personalized service complemented with well-trained mustangs, forested trails and secluded beaches. Our commitment: every rider will be match with the best possible mount according to riding ability, weight and personality. Tours are customizable, horses are happy and healthy, and we guarantee a comfortable and personal interaction for the duration of your tour. Beach ride can be customized from 1 to 2 hour riding time including wager and riding instructions. Delicious lunch at ocean front beach restaurant is optional! transfers from Manuel Antonio and Jaco available upon request
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just loved it! We drove from Quepos there, super easy drive, about 40 min. You probably can get a taxi there too. The horseback ride was about 2 hours and we watched the most beautiful sunset ever! Diego took us on the ride. He is just super nice, friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Three generations of our family, from beginner to advanced riders, were all able to do what we wanted with Diego Solis, which is amazing! I have horses in the U.S. and it is wonderful to ride with Diego because he knows his horses, and that makes everyone happy, both the riders and the horses. The beach was endless and beautiful, the water was warm, and the horses were very well trained.

Diego speaks English very well and is extremely friendly, thoughtful and articulate. He is a wealth of information about Costa Rica and horsemanship. The lovely pictures he took on our ride will help us relive the memory! We had a great ride and a delicious lunch in a spectacular setting. It is hard to beat an experience like this! Thanks Diego!

RANCHOSAVEGRE, Owner at The Riding Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

special thanks for your visit. even for us it was a challenge to mix a 9 year old, middle age and grandma in one trip. awesome time. we proudly say we may dont have the most expensive horses, but our mustangs work as a team.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was the first time my daughter and I took a trip together, just the two of us and experiencing horseback riding on the beach made it so special and memorable for both of us. Our guides were so caring and thoughtful and we felt like friends from the start. The view of the sunset from where they took us to have dinner was breath taking. It was our best experience in Costa Rica.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Diego was a great guide. His English and sense of humor were both great. He helped my girlfriend get quickly acclimated to the horse, despite her lack of riding experience. He took things slowly and never rushed us. We enjoyed our beach ride and sunset was just spectacular. Diego took fantastic photos of us that we will forever treasure. Recommendation: book this tour directly through Diego to avoid any excessive and unnecessary hotel commissions!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was one of my best horseback riding experiences. I took professional lessons as well as many rides while on vacation, and this experience surpassed both. I never had a guide give such effective, easy to understand instructions. He will tell you how to stay in the saddle before you mount and will give helpful cues about communicating with your horse throughout the ride. The horses are very well-trained and look well-cared for, - we all rode without a bit!

The beach is ideal for the sunset ride. It is wide, long and uncrowded. You can take a picturesque walk or gallop to your heart's content. The best part is when the sun starts to lower and lights the sky with a fire of pinks and oranges. It is almost a spiritual experience!

The battery in our camera died and Diego was kind to take pictures and videos of us on his cellphone which he then emailed to us, for no extra charge!

At the end we had a snack at the restaurant on the beach with a beautiful view.

This is a great tour. If you are a novice you will learn more about horsemanship than you would on a professional lesson. If you are an experienced rider, you won't want to miss this magical setting!

RANCHOSAVEGRE, Owner at The Riding Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

thank you.
we welcome all different levels of riders, from a first time experience to an advance rider.
I grew up in Manuel Antonio, and as a Cowboy, you never take lessons, except those given by try and fail. (falling in this case). but since I started riding and guiding with beginners back in 1994, I made a list of common mistakes, and I think ended in a short simple way to explain how to ride safely.
Later in life, I had also taken lessons at equestrian clubs, then, I understand your technique when it comes to english riding, but at the end, it is a very personal communication between you and the horse. I hope I can help you to build that trust and relationship.
welcome to ride on the beach, and experience a natural horsemanship.