“Amazing Sunset/Beach Riding, Wonderful Guide”

The Riding Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to ride Healthy Horses with a Bilingual All Around Horsemen on a Customized beach riding adventure located near Manuel Antonio Beach and Jaco Beach. Specialized in small groups and customized tours. With a lifetime of equestrian experience my brother Gustavo and I (Diego) welcome you to enjoy our Personalized service complemented with well-trained mustangs, forested trails and secluded beaches. Our commitment: every rider will be match with the best possible mount according to riding ability, weight and personality. Tours are customizable, horses are happy and healthy, and we guarantee a comfortable and personal interaction for the duration of your tour. Beach ride can be customized from 1 to 2 hour riding time including wager and riding instructions. Delicious lunch at ocean front beach restaurant is optional! transfers from Manuel Antonio and Jaco available upon request
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was the first time my daughter and I took a trip together, just the two of us and experiencing horseback riding on the beach made it so special and memorable for both of us. Our guides were so caring and thoughtful and we felt like friends from the start. The view of the sunset from where they took us to have dinner was breath taking. It was our best experience in Costa Rica.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"another couple"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Diego was a great guide. His English and sense of humor were both great. He helped my girlfriend get quickly acclimated to the horse, despite her lack of riding experience. He took things slowly and never rushed us. We enjoyed our beach ride and sunset was just spectacular. Diego took fantastic photos of us that we will forever treasure. Recommendation: book this tour directly through Diego to avoid any excessive and unnecessary hotel commissions!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was one of my best horseback riding experiences. I took professional lessons as well as many rides while on vacation, and this experience surpassed both. I never had a guide give such effective, easy to understand instructions. He will tell you how to stay in the saddle before you mount and will give helpful cues about communicating with your horse throughout the ride. The horses are very well-trained and look well-cared for, - we all rode without a bit!

The beach is ideal for the sunset ride. It is wide, long and uncrowded. You can take a picturesque walk or gallop to your heart's content. The best part is when the sun starts to lower and lights the sky with a fire of pinks and oranges. It is almost a spiritual experience!

The battery in our camera died and Diego was kind to take pictures and videos of us on his cellphone which he then emailed to us, for no extra charge!

At the end we had a snack at the restaurant on the beach with a beautiful view.

This is a great tour. If you are a novice you will learn more about horsemanship than you would on a professional lesson. If you are an experienced rider, you won't want to miss this magical setting!

RANCHOSAVEGRE, Owner at The Riding Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

thank you.
we welcome all different levels of riders, from a first time experience to an advance rider.
I grew up in Manuel Antonio, and as a Cowboy, you never take lessons, except those given by try and fail. (falling in this case). but since I started riding and guiding with beginners back in 1994, I made a list of common mistakes, and I think ended in a short simple way to explain how to ride safely.
Later in life, I had also taken lessons at equestrian clubs, then, I understand your technique when it comes to english riding, but at the end, it is a very personal communication between you and the horse. I hope I can help you to build that trust and relationship.
welcome to ride on the beach, and experience a natural horsemanship.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Diego's horseback tour was one of the best things we did in Costa Rica! He is the nicest man with beautiful, well trained horses. We chose the sunset beach ride. We had one beginner and 3 experienced riders in our group. The beginner was put at ease right away by Diego's expertise and the 3 of us who had experience were able to canter and gallop if we pleased. He also did a photo shoot for us at sunset with the horses and let me tell you the pictures are gorgeous. I have nothing bad to say besides that I'm glad we did the 2 hr ride and not the 6 hour cuz our legs were cramping by the end :)