“Amazing”

The Riding Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to ride Healthy Horses with a Bilingual All Around Horsemen on a Customized beach riding adventure located near Manuel Antonio Beach and Jaco Beach. Specialized in small groups and customized tours. With a lifetime of equestrian experience my brother Gustavo and I (Diego) welcome you to enjoy our Personalized service complemented with well-trained mustangs, forested trails and secluded beaches. Our commitment: every rider will be match with the best possible mount according to riding ability, weight and personality. Tours are customizable, horses are happy and healthy, and we guarantee a comfortable and personal interaction for the duration of your tour. Beach ride can be customized from 1 to 2 hour riding time including wager and riding instructions. Delicious lunch at ocean front beach restaurant is optional! transfers from Manuel Antonio and Jaco available upon request
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Diego's horseback tour was one of the best things we did in Costa Rica! He is the nicest man with beautiful, well trained horses. We chose the sunset beach ride. We had one beginner and 3 experienced riders in our group. The beginner was put at ease right away by Diego's expertise and the 3 of us who had experience were able to canter and gallop if we pleased. He also did a photo shoot for us at sunset with the horses and let me tell you the pictures are gorgeous. I have nothing bad to say besides that I'm glad we did the 2 hr ride and not the 6 hour cuz our legs were cramping by the end :)

All reviews
"healthy horses"
"great ride"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My daughter and I almost missed our opportunity to go to Rancho Savegre due to another family member's illness, However Diego went out of his way to get us to the ranch for our sunset ride. Once we got to the ranch and made it to the beach the fun began. It was a beautiful night, the horses were well behaved and our small group was a lot of fun. It was a perfect way to end our vacation in Costa Rica.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am so thankful that I chose this tour.

My husband and I are novice horseback riders, and the other couple on the tour were experienced riders. We all had a fantastic time, made possible by our guide Diego and his brother Gustavo.

Very professional and capable, Diego was attentive to our individual needs, checking in with us often to see how we were doing. He is the horse trainer and keeps his horses well-rested and happy.

The sunset above the crashing surf was so amazing, it was as if I had never seen a sunset before. And as the sun set, this remarkable ride concluded with an authentic and welcomed meal at the Monterey Del Mar Hotel, an attractive property right on the beach. Great views!

Now I can die and go to heaven...

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was the most amazing horse back riding experience I've ever had. Diego was a great guide and was always trying to make our trip even better. I would say if you are timid about riding pick another easy tour because this was definitely an adventure. The galloping across the beach was amazing!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went riding on the BEAUTIFUL beach in Estarillos, the most BEAUTIFUL sunset I have EVER seen! The Horses were healthy and happy and VERY gentle! Diego was the best tour guide and he speaks both Spanish and perfect English. Will definitely go back here next year as I have a friend that lives in Jaco.

2  Thank Sandy J
Diego S, Propietario at The Riding Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2015

Thank you for a nice review. excuse the late answer. Nevertheless we have been in Contact via social net since then.

Sunset is one of the greatest momments to ride with us. dont hesitate to contact us to arrange your visit directly via diego@theridingadventure.com

kindest regards Sandy-

Welcome from Jaco anytime!