All reviews yoga retreat owners and staff costa rica surf lessons horseback riding lunch and dinner healthy food yoga space ceiling fan corn hole every morning banana pancakes huevos rancheros boogie boards great pool food was amazing small fridge
Reviewed May 16, 2017

This place is just absolutely amazing! Our ocean cottage double doors opened up right to the crashing waves of the pacific ocean. The owners and staff were so friendly and accommodating, and the facilities were beautiful, clean, and full of amenities. Right between Jaco and Manuel Anotonio, drive 30-60 minutes and you can go to the best spots. I WILL go back again one day...thank you Encantada!

Room tip: Ocean cottage is just spectacular and worth the little bit more money...its like having your place right on the pacific ocean!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank xphils69
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Words fail me in describing my experience at Encantada Beach Cottages, but I will do my best to try. Let’s start with hospitality: the generous reception received from Tiffany, Nome, Adam, Katie, Elena, Daniel and all the property staff. Yeats quote describes it perfectly: there are no strangers here; only friends you haven't yet met. Every day I was surrounded by kind and generous acts; freely given without expectations. The property grounds are a source of so much beauty and serenity. Especially for those who are able to free their minds and spirits from agitation, to leave superficiality and things which are not authentic aside, to fully embrace the peace found in gazing at the ocean and allowing the crooning of its waves to lull you…

The cottages are charmingly appointed; the property grounds are beautifully maintained. The pool is crystal clear and inviting; plenty of comfortable lounges and hammocks for lazy afternoon naps. The food prepared by Elena and Daniel is extraordinary; Costa Rica flourishes with magnificent tropical fruits (mangoes, papaya, melons, bananas, kiwi, guanábana, and pineapple) and glorious vegetables locally and organically grown. Every meal is accompanied by a glass of freshly made fruit juice. Freshly caught Red Snapper, Marlin, Tuna, shrimp – need I say more? And for those who like me, enjoy cocktails: Daniel can concoct the best margaritas and daiquiris. A good night’s rest is assured by the coziest beds, pillows, and sun fresh linens.

Encantada has several interpretations in English; the most appropriate for this property would be enchanted, better yet, magical. The inspiration for my stay was a Yoga retreat fittingly named “Awakening the Spirit”. Undoubtedly, many of the gifts I returned home with were a result not only of Chrissy Gonzalez, the yogini that led the retreat, and whose words travel straight to the heart of her students – but of the combination of observing the daily practice in perfect surroundings. Time flows effortlessly at Encantada; there are no judgments made about anyone. Worries and fears are lost; love takes over behavior patterns. Without being aware of it, a smile settles on your face.

If you crave spiritual joy, and the opportunity to leave a place feeling that something has changed inside you, making you aware of how much we have to be grateful for, please consider Encantada Ocean Cottages. Blessings to all.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank espiritusereno
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

My expectations were exceeded here.
The beds were comfy.
The food, OMG....the food was awesome. My needs were always taking care of. The staff was attentive, resourceful and committed to providing a warm and hospitable experience while I was staying there. Thank you Tiffany, Nom, Adam and the rest of the fabulous staff. How am I going to stay anywhere else.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Blue2013
Reviewed April 29, 2017

I took a chance in choosing to host my very first international yoga retreat at Encantada Ocean Cottages without actually visiting first, and I cannot express enough how happy I am that I trusted my gut about this place. It a a perfect location to get away and chill, but also close enough to amazing adventurous excursions. Tiffany and Nome, the owners were so gracious and helpful in helping me organize this retreat! Tiffany's energy is so bright and infectious, her big radiant smile made everyone feel happy and welcome. Adam, the manager, was my rock! He was amazing at helping everyone out when they needed change, to call cabs, to arrange anything that needed to be arranged, he was on it with a big smile on his face. He also added a very peaceful energy to the place. The resident yoga teacher Kate was wonderful, and her spirit was felt throughout the entire property! The food was fantastic, fresh, healthy, hearty and delicious! The rest of the staff made the experience so peaceful. It is all very well run and well paced, I didn't feel we were being rushed but everyone was very attentive to our needs which made everything Feel so effortless. The cottages are adorable, clean and spacious and I cannot say enough about the location.....remote but not too isolated. I am thrilled that I found this place and will be hosting yearly retreats here for as long as I can. I feel like these guys are my family now and I am forever grateful to them. Thank you Encantada!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Chrissy G
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

This place far exceeded my expectations. The staff is amazing - so welcoming! The food was so healthy and delicious and the rooms were comfortable and clean! I could not have asked for a better place to stay in Costa Rica!

Trip type: Traveled solo