“We'll be back!!”

Encantada Ocean Cottages
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Esterillos Este
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Mikey and Diana MADE this vacation! So welcoming, so personable... they helped set us up with tours, gave us the 'inside scoop' as to where to spend our time, and really made me feel like part of the family :) I will always be grateful for their hospitality - I was traveling with my dad and wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but they helped make the whole vacation smooth sailing! Diana introduced me to some great people down there <3

We loved the location. Remote enough (far enough away from the Jaco-craziness) and clean, but close enough to whatever we wanted to do. The cottage we stayed in (#5) was perfect for us. A full kitchen and two huge bedrooms. Having your own bathroom is pretty awesome when you're traveling with family ;)

Breakfast was perfect - fresh fruit, excellent coffee and toast etc, all ready when you wake up! Loved the service Mikey!!

I would recommend Encantada to anyone! Girls trip, family trip... was a great spot!

Love and miss my Costa Rican 'family' already!! xo

We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Go for the extra $10 and get a suite with a kitchen in it. It's a nice option to have :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill C
There are newer reviews for Encantada Ocean Cottages

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have lived Costa Rica for the last 20 years and this is our goto place for quick getaways. Away from all the crowds and hassles of mega tourist places - yet within driving distances of everything on the mid section of the west coast. This place has a great pool and ranchito. No restaurant here, but there are many within walking distance. Fruit breakfast is provided. Many hammocks under shaded palms along the beach - cool breeze and steps to the surf! Very friendly and helpful hosts - Diana and Mikie.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you want to bring your dog.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank S C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Encantada Ocean Cottages. The cottages were a great value, very clean, and the management is excellent. We had breakfast and coffee waiting on us each morning and a cold beer available when we arrived back from touring each day. The dogs really added a touch of home to the place and they were always there to greet you each day or take a walk down the beach. Our rooms were thoroughly cleaned each day and if we needed anything at all, Mikey and Diana were truly accommodating hosts. Overall, the Encantada Ocean Cottages were very homey and I always felt truly welcomed there. We are already planning our next trip there with the gang and can not wait! Mikey and Diana are living their dream in Costa Rica and it is apparent to each and every guest that stays there. They want to make sure that their guest enjoy their time in Costa Rica at the Encantada Cottages as much as they do! The Encantada Ocean Cottages are a charming place ran by a charming couple.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank T L
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my fourth year at Encantada. It is my home away from home! I love it for the proximity to one of the most beautiful beaches that I have ever seen. To me it is the essence of Costa Rica with simple clean cabinas, a lovely pool, steps to the ocean, great food, beautifully manicured grounds and wonderful managers Diana and Mikey, who will make you feel at home! Pura Vida!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank adrienneas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent a few days in their beach cottages. Very clean, and pleasant with a family type atmosphere. Close to Jaco other small towns. The hosts can arrange surfing, horseback riding, and various tours. Good value and well run, I'd go there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mikehky
Reviewed March 3, 2013

For those of you who have hiked the Appalachian trail, you know what is meant by trail magic. The managers, Mike and Diana Benner of Encantada Cottages showered our stay with the same kind of "trail magic". Both Mike and Diana have very warm, fun and generous personalities (I love birds- so it was really fun to see Mike as excited as I was when the Scarlet Macaws flew overhead! ) We stayed only a few days, but felt like family when it was time to leave and we are excited to plan a return visit. As for the accommodations, a picture is worth a thousand words...and the pool and ocean view is even more beautiful in person. We can't thank Mike and Diana enough for making our Costa Rica adventure an unforgettable experience. Bev and Brian (from the extra-snowy part South of Buffalo, New York)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beverly J
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived everything was perfect! We were greeted by Mikey who along with his fabulous wife Diana manage the property. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable as was the entire property. We immediately hit the pool which was sparkling and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of Encantada. Breakfast each morning was delicious and we had an excellent dine-in meal as well! Mikey and Diana made sure we had travel arrangements, tour guides and even took us out to some of their favorite spots as well! By far this is the best experience I've had in beach accommodations ANYWHERE and I can't say enough how amazing it was and I will definitely stay here every time I'm in the area. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: February 2013
#3 of 46 in Manuel Antonio
Hotel Playa Bejuco
Hotel Playa Bejuco
#3 of 5 in Esterillos Este

Been to Encantada Ocean Cottages? Share your experiences!