Wonderful location, but sadly the food is terrible and the service completely lacking.
Food is prefab and warmed on order and the staff consist of youngsters who are there to party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting Grinda is like coming to a place where the world stands still.Located just one hour from central Stockholm, you’ll find yourself as far as possible from the madding crowd.Only one thing exists here. The greatest peace and quiet.Henrik Santesson first discovered this tranquillity. The first director of the Nobel Committee bought the island in 1906 and built a summer house for the pleasure of his family.It took two years to build the art-deco building, which today is the beautiful inn, Grinda Wärdshus.As our guest, we offer you the same hospitality as Henrik Santesson offered his – fine dining, beautiful ambience and a good night’s sleep in the heart of the archipelago.Spring and autumn, summer and winter. Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Grinda Wardshus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grinda Wardshus Hotel Vaxholm
- Grinda Wardshus Stockholm
- Grinda Wardshus Sweden/Vaxholm