“probably, das Beste Goulash in Indonesia... ;)”
Review of Hotel La Hasienda

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Hasienda
Ranked #1 of 16 Kupang B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“probably, das Beste Goulash in Indonesia... ;)”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

very recommended hotel..
Good Place, Good Food, Good Price, good Location, and friendly staff and owner.

Thank you Michael... my last (Verspaetung) dinner was perfect, after long and hard trip to Molo.
Das Gulasch war sooo lecker!
Du bist Hammer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
London
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at la Hasienda about a month ago as a stop over to my final destination, Rote. I can certainly say that it is the prefect place to stay in Kupang. Rooms are spacious and unpolluted. Michael the hotel manager/owner picked me up from the airport and since the very first minute I felt like at home, food is great and outstanding staff. I will definitely come back next year. Many Thanks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kupang, Indonesia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Traveled from the Philippines for 16 hours and checked into La Hasienda. What a relief. Friends told me about a new hotel in Kupang, but I was surprised to find the Hasienda so accommodating.

I missed my Filipina bamboo (haa-haa) but in fairness really pretty Western Style building and rooms, happy latin paint scheme, tile work, sort of exotic. As a woman I liked that it was friendly, quiet and private. Food is cheap and lot of variety. First night I had T-bone steak and mashed potatoes. This was good because I am Filipina and eat way too much rice.

I am a neat-nick and very picky. Now that I said that, I tell you La Hasienda is soo clean. Linens and towels like new and bath is shining tile..squeaky clean. Kupang is hot like the philppines so I enjoyed the surrounding air con.

Best of all, it does not feel like a hotel. A home a way from home maybe. Nice patio on my room and light and open area to blaze along on the wifi.

As they say in my country, “Maganda Talaga!.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We easily found la Hasienda easily from google maps after unsuccessfully searching for the location of another hotel.

The room and welcome were great - and we immediately realised that la hacienda prides itself on service.

The room was clean, comfortable and spacious with good bathroom (perhaps I should say perfect - even the floor drain is cleaned daily).

Michael, the owner helped me sort out the servicing and spray painting of my car which is brought over from timor Leste - and took us to the airport at 5 am.

I couldn't reccomend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013
Subic, Philippines
Reviewed October 9, 2013

La Hasienda is the best thing that has happened to Kupang for overnight lodging. Eclectic with a Spanish motif, exacting architecture. You’d hardly know you are in Indonesia. Maybe that’s a good thing when you get this far from Bali...

That being said, I have to confess that I try to limit my time in Kupang. A stop-over at best. I prefer the remote beauty of the outlying islands. As a long-time traveler in the Nusa Tenggarra archipelago, I have suffered through some lodging misery in Kupang for sure. All that is over, however, with the debut of the all new La Hasienda.

I am a seasoned SE Asia traveler so the La Hasienda has what I look for: security, Western management, icy air con, squeaky clean rooms, speedy WIFI, free airport shuttle and best of all good food and economy.

Sure you can spend twice the amount and stay on the beach at a mid-rise with a pool and all, but the service is inconsistent at these want-a-be Nusa Dua newbys and the pricing tee-toters from reasonable to crazy.

Hey, that’s my two cents. Save dough with the Free Airport shuttle (cabs are a fortune here) and spend it on La Hasienda's tasty Heineken beer and Australian wine for god sakes. Enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms are private with patio.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed October 8, 2013

During our recent travels to Nusa Tengarra province, we had two unplanned overnight stays in Kupang (due to flight delays). The inconvenience of these delays was compensated for by our great experience at La Hasienda! The rooms were comfortable and clean and uniquely decorated. Complete with A/C, hot water shower, new flat screen tv, and wifi! What luxury! The hotel offers airport pick up and drop off. Michael, the owner, is welcoming and helpful.

The only downside is that, while it is convenient to the airport, it is far from any attractions in Kupang and there did not appear to be much in the way of transport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nembrala, Indonesia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unique and quirky, La Hasienda is our regular overnight stop in Kupang, and the best value in a city that lacks budget quality accommodation. Sante Fe meets the Wild West, with touches of Kupang, and served with schnitzel and stroganoff. Clean, friendly and welcoming, with the German owner Michael on hand to help at any time. They actually have a functioning booking system which is rare in Kupang, and Michael can be relied upon to meet you at the airport or ferry in his air con van. Pleasant restaurant area with European and Indonesian fare, basic breakfast and free wifi. Close to airport but far from town and ferry (although only 5 mins from Hypermart). As is quite normal in Indo, beds only have a quilt with no top sheet, which is a personal pet hate, and it can be a little noisy with guests talking on the balconies. Thankfully, rooms are non smoking (restricted to balconies) and very clean.

Room Tip: Top floor has best views and catches the most breeze.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple