“Good place for a night”

Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Kupang
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

It's a comfortable accommodation for a night with swimming pool in front of the see, nice breakfast, wifi,... We've stayed already four times before taking the boat to Rote Island... the wonderful paradise in this world! Don't worry, booked without hesitation!

Stayed: July 2014
Swiss-belinn K, Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear AnnickThibaut,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor!
It is great to read that you enjoy our swimming pool, our breakfast and the wifi connection.
We are very happy that you choose to stay with us before your journey to Rote Island, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
See you very soon & Best Regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

i stayed here in the middle of June, it was full so i booked for one night only, but i asked for waiting list because i need to stay for a week, and they made me as priority so i can stay until more than one week, even though i have to change room. this hotel was still under renovation, the pool side was a bit messy but i didnt mind because all i need was only room and fast service, and this hotel gave me that, when i changed my room, the air con didnt work properly then i asked them to fixed it, and it fixed when i get back from work, when i was complaining about the internet, because my laptop couldnt connect to the internet while my i phone could, they fixed it right away, so i can do my job that has deadline as well, the food was tasty, the room also nice. i had a terrace on the first night then when i moved to the room that has a balcony, the view was amazing actually but still covered with the building materials for their renovation project, but overall i am satisfied with the fast service and they know exactly what i and my crew needed, so i brought them to this hotel two days before i checked out from here, and they accommodated us well from arriving till the day we checked out..big applause!!

Room Tip: choose the rooms that located in the new building, the old one still under renovated
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank james c
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had to stay here for a stop over on our way to Rote island, it was meant to be 1 night, our first night was really good, our room was lovely and i was really surprised after reading some bad reviews, the place is under construction so the outdoor area is pretty unattractive, but ou dinner was nice which was fresh fish with chili salsa and potatoes. We checked out at 6.15am to get the ferry however it was cancelled and we were forced to stay another night, this second night experience was different, first the hotel charged us twice, they charge the company on Rote that organised and they charged us, fully knowing what they were doing! We were placed in the " older" part of the hotel which is what all the bad reviews are about, it was pretty dingy, it just went downhill from there, the service, no one spoke english, no one knew what you were saying, they had hardly any alcohol, had run out of everything including all cocktails....finished! The following meals were just yuck, we couldn't eat the tuna sandwiches, tinned tuna smothered and dripping in mayo. Also we were woken each day around 4am by a gong going on and on and on which was a part of the religions. Anyway if you must stay here , ask for the newer rooms and be careful with your food choices.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cari_safari78
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Wow. I have stayed here 4 times now, as it's generally the place my employer books us into. However, having stayed at the Hotel on the Rock and the T-More in Kupang also, I would strongly recommend those to travellers or business people instead of this place. Here are some highlights (read lowlights).

*Arrived last night at 11pm, came to my room dog-tired, pulled back the covers to find a brown stain on the sheets. Upon closer inspection I was convinced it was a fecal matter stain. Yikes!
*Was sitting at my desk this morning typing, and one of the staff just barged into the room without even knocking. I couldn't put a do not disturb sign out because I didn't have one! He didn't even apologise, just asked if I had any laundry.
*Be careful in the shower as when you get the temperature just right, every 20 seconds or so it will deliver a scalding blast of hot water.
*The hotel has several hundred rooms but only seating in the coffee shop for about 30 people. Thus I had to have my breakfast sitting outside in the hot sun.
*Unidentifiable stains of varying colours on the towels and carpets.
*As an alternative I tried to use the "24 hour room service" at 7am, only to be told it only starts after 8am.
*Last time I booked in I arrived at 2pm and had to wait 90 minutes for my room to be ready.

The hotel is under renovation, so some of this can be excused, and the renovated rooms are definitely nicer, although they still have the hot water issue. The staff are generally very nice, and the food is pretty good. However, the negative aspects listed above have ensured that I will never stay here again. As I said earlier, there are much better options in Kupang.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Was there with 2 friends on 27 march 2014. Pretty sales young lady at the airport gave incomplete information about rate. Duty manager ( a lady ) was unfriendly and telling lies.
Promised a sea view room but gave me a wrong one and made me wait about 40 minutes to get the right one. Bath room was dirty, water dripping from bath's tap 24 hour, floor waste was noisy all the time. Swimming pool was not clean. The only thing i like about this hotel is Zachariah who was playing sasando beautifully and i bought his cd.
Not happy and disappoint with this hotel, never back again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ign W
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Dim light, i think the wall and the light is yellowish. It's just not as bright as a hotel should be...
Stay at the new building on left wing which had rather weird architecture... good shower though...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sukeren
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I don't know what to be put on the title space, so I think that's the best title for Kristal. It was improved all over the place, including the pool, so that I missed my chance to swim :(
The new building were fine - with much expensive price of course, but the old ones were crap. Don't like the carpet that kept bad smell in the room. Especially if the previous guest smoked in the room.
But the breakfast was nice. That's the most enjoyable item in the hotel.

Room Tip: choose the new building
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business