“Amazing B & B with a wonderful hostess!”
Review of La Rongere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charge
La Rongere
Ranked #2 of 2 Charge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Discovered this B & B on Trip Advisor and we are sure glad we did! Beautiful location with 4 great modern rooms. Theres a sauna and pool as well. Olivia, the hostess, was so wonderful! She offered us wine each evening and suggested wineries nearby to check out (and were delicious). I require a gluten free diet and Olivia was very helpful and even cooked me an omlette one morning! I can't say enough good things about this place. Perfect place to stay when in Loire valley.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Azridr
There are newer reviews for La Rongere

Reviewed April 22, 2010

Visiting The Loira valley and castles ,with my wife and two friends, we spent two nights at "La Rongere" .
The villa is situated in the middle of a beautiful country-side ,5 Km from Amboise.
We really enjoyed our stay ,not only for the location ,that is top.
We had two modern and clean rooms in the charming B&B.
We did not use the swimming pool, but it was there, water clean and warm.
Thanks to Olivia we felt home, : helpfull, dinamic, you ask she has a solution.
We have been offered soft drinks and tastefull wines.
Breakfast was super.
I recommend this B&B and thanks again to Olivia for the kind hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Plexi47
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We had a great stay at this B&B. The rooms were modern and clean, the gardens and pool were fantastic and the host (Olivia) couldn't do enough for you. She noticed that I was gluten -free at breakfast so she cooked an amazing omelet for me. We even enjoyed a complimentary drink on arrival. The location is very central for Loire valley day-trips

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank frenchwinophile
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We stayed at la Rongère for 3 nights in June, and we can highly recomend this delighful house to anyone who wish to spend a relaxful stay in a lovely setting with the most charming host. Evrything was perfect, breakfast was excellent, the grounds were very well kept, and it is really close to most of the wonderful castles of the Vallée de la Loire. I hope to go back one day!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

In a nutshell: very charming host, stay includes welcome drink (Loire wine!), recently redecorated, very new & clean, pool, sauna, table tennis, WiFi, satellite TV ... what else? Just go there and see for yourself!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Recently my beau and I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely B&B. It's as cheerful and calming a place I've ever visited. Quite by accident I found it while searching for a spot in the region around Amboise. I wasn't so much looking to see all the chateux in the area but more so a relaxing way to leave the U.S. behind before staying a week in Paris. Just by looking at La Rongere's website I was hooked. Then, I began emailing Olivia Lefevre, our hostess/owner. Her ebullient hospitality and enthusiasm were the coup de foudre (falling in love) for me. The converted stables house three smartly appointed (call it contemporary French) extremely comfortable and spacious rooms. Each with it's own private bath, including towel warmers; nice when it was still a bit chilly in March. After a Chas De Gaulle late morning arrival, then bullet train to Tours and car rental @ St. Pierre de Corps, we arrived around 4 pm. Olivia fixed us tea and we headed for a nice walk through the village and grape vineyards nearby. Later she treated us to locally produced organic white wine which was wonderful, accompanied with a light cheese assortment. She made dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant. And so began three days of very relaxing totally enjoyable French country experience. I would do this again as often as possible.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2008

La Rongere is located in the middle of a vineyard, within an easy and delightful walk to the winery. Our room was very pleasant and overlooked a pool, set in the lovely garden.

The best bit about our stay was one of the co-owners, Marc, who was a gracious & accommodating host. We are from Australia and he had an obscure knowledge of Australian music, which was astonishing to find in the middle of France. I have fond memories of mimicking my dancing to Radio Birdman, 20 years earlier, and listening to Midnight Oil over breakfast. My holiday companion dines out on the story of me doing my crazy dance, after one or two wines !

La Rongere is well situated to visit the chataeux of the Loire Valley and the nearby town of Amboise is a wonderful place to hang around for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charge
Hotel le Clos d'Amboise
#2 of 25 in Amboise
Manoir du Parc
Manoir du Parc
#5 of 31 in Amboise

Been to La Rongere? Share your experiences!