“Nice Place to Visit”

La Fortuna
Arroyo Grande, California
“Nice Place to Visit”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This little town is a nice place to visit. There are a lot of tourist shops. The bus station is there so if you need to go anywhere that is were you would catch the bus. A lot of the tour operators pick up from this central location so I think that is what made this such a popular spot. The meat on a stick stand on the corner is excellent and inexpensive. Next that is a stand that makes shredded mango into desserts or salad. I kept going back to try different ingredients on the mango, my favorite was coconut cream and sweetened condensed milk. It's a great place to sit in the park and people watch, if you have the time.

Visited March 2012

Layton, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome waterfall.. well worth the hike”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Lots of stairs down, but when you reach the waterfall it is incredible!

Visited November 2011
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best little vacation in all of Costa Rica”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed (8 of us college students) at The Arenal Backpackers Hostel. It was incredible. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. computer lab, restaurant and bar on sight. Pool was clean and there was a clear view of the volcano from our hostel. Staff spoke great English and it was just a great experience over all. We were about a two minute walk from banks, shops, grocery stores, restaurants and tour guides! Also, this hostel and town in general is VERY family friendly. Not just for us traveling college kids!

Visited August 2011
EuphoriaSue
“Reasonable Prices, Decent Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

For under $7 I had a very satisfying meal (with plenty leftover for a second meal) of Fun Mi China Style, which was loaded with vegetables, beef, roast pork, and quite a few shrimp. I did not find the food overly greasy, actually, and the price I´m quoting included a bottle of water and the tip.

The place was clean, the service was attentive, though I had to wait rather long for the check as I wasn´t familiar with the local custom of signaling by raising one´s hand to request it, which the waiter finally came over and explained to me.

If you want chopsticks, ask for ¨palillos chinos¨.

My only complaint was the movie that was playing while I ate, ¨The Patriot¨, noisy and bloody--not my first choice for dinner!