“Great night out with the girls- interesting first tapas experience!”
Review of Cork Restaurant

Cork Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Elora
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Announcing the fresh flair of Cork, Elora's new restaurant that's certain to be your new favourite. Owners Trella and Stephanie welcome you with a creative menu and friendly atmosphere. Expect fine flavours, relaxed comfort, and warm memories from Cork. Fabulous Wines, Craft Beer and Spirits.
Kitchener, Canada
“Great night out with the girls- interesting first tapas experience!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been to cork a few ones before and experienced the restsurant from both the patio (love the patio on a summer night)and inside. This time i decided to bring a few friends along for their tapas night and we sat inside due to crummy weather. This was my first time trying a tapas style meal.I'm not even going to try to remember every single plate I was served as there were far to many to recall. The best part was being served dishes I would never have ordered on my own like the ox tongue or the bison meatballs. In total we were served 10-11 different small dishes and I enjoyed almost all of them. One was a bit spicy for me but I watched others around the reastarant who seemed I enjoy it. I very much enjoyed the asparagus, the crab dip, the rabbit /mushrooms wrapped in a pastry type shell. Oh! And both desserts were amazing. I sampled two different kinds of wine and I'm headed out to the lcbo to buy both immediately. I'm still amazed at how the kitchen and serving staff could keep up with all the different meal and having a full house! Needless to say I
Left with a full belly and happy to have enjoyed a night out with the girls! Thanx again Cork!!!!
Ps if you try this spot out make sure to order a Coffee at the end of your meal, best coffee ever!

• Visited June 2014
StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for enjoying our monthly Tapas Night. We do Tapas the last Wednesday of each month and our very talented chefs go "off menu" and enjoy creating special dishes. Everyone is offered between 10-12 "tastes" and no one leaves hungry. We also work around dietary restrictions. If there is something you love, you are welcome to more. We hope to see you again soon for a Tapas Night at Cork, the next ones are Wednesday July 30 and Wednesday August 27th.

Mississauga, Canada
“Great patio meal in the spring/summer”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Did not dine indoors but enjoyed being on the patio. The menu had an Australian theme the night we went and my wife enjoyed the barramundi and I skipped the kangaroo for a jambalaya. Lovely meal and if I had to classify it I'd call it upscale pub grub. I'm confident you won't be let down if you go.

Visited June 2014
StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We appreciate you taking time to write such a great review of your meal at Cork. Although we did not "theme" our weekend as an Australian weekend on purpose, we did have Baramundi and Kangaroo on the same weekend. We have a very creative chef who loves to try meats and fish that are little used to keep our menu innovative. Of course we also have more mainstream food on our menu, such as steak and pork and chicken, but if you like the opportunity to try something new, we can often comply. Thank you for your visit and your review and we hope to see you again soon.
“Fantastic Mothers Day Brunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Cork for a fantastic Brunch, it was very enjoyable and the service was outstanding. They also had a little gift for all the Mothers which was a nice touch. We will be back soon. Thanks for making my wife feel special!

StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
We so enjoyed Mother's Day this year. It is always fun when the restaurant is full of people celebrating. Trella and Tara made the body scrub for the Mother's in attendance and truly enjoyed making it for our special guests. Thank you, the positive review made our staff feel special too.
Barrie, Canada
“Cork continues to exceed our expectations!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been to Cork on several occasions for dinner since my daughter in law and I have dietary restrictions and they've always been able to accommodate us. We had a group of friends meet at Cork for lunch recently, and once again I was impressed. I love the artwork/photography of the local landscapes, which adds to the warm and inviting atmosphere.

Our staff was welcoming and attentive, making excellent choices and being patient with us, especially myself, with the dietary issues. They suggested something that wasn't on the menu that hit the spot for me and safely agreed with me. They understand. It was a special occasion for us to be together so we tried 3 different desserts and they were all tasty - decadent and unique. We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are always happy to do our best to accommodate dietary needs. We think it is important to give people what they want (within our capabilities) so they are able to enjoy a meal with family and friends who may not have the same restrictions. Our menu shows options that can be gluten free and we always offer a vegetarian option and can accommodate vegans as well. We hope to see you again in the future.
Beeton, Canada
“Elora's Cork is a'poppin'.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Met up with a group of close friends for lunch at Cork last week. The staff were wonderful and attentive to our every needs. I had a starter soup of Clam Chowder which was the best Chowder I have tasted in a long time. Hot and tasty, loved it. I had the salmon with fingerling potatoes and sprouts and a lovely creamy sauce. The salmon was cooked to perfection, the sauce a perfect compliment. A lovely Chilean red wine with our meal rounded out a special occasion. No dessert for me, not being a big dessert eater, but my companions loved theirs.

It was quiet in the restaurant, but we were early and more people started to arrive as our meal progressed. Have to say the staff were pleasant, cheerful and always smiling, something that is a treat in these days of surly wait staff.

I have to say that when I read the reviews written by others, I always wonder why people wait to go home before complaining about the service, whether it be at a restaurant or a hotel. Surely it is best to bring to the attention of the staff any problems that you are finding with your food, at the time it is served/eaten, so that the staff have the opportunity to correct the problems. I had no complaints about Cork, the food or their staff and will happily eat there again and again. Well done Cork.

• Visited April 2014
StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guests that write positive reviews. While we learn from the others we also want to know, and we want others to know, what we do exceptionally well to meet the needs and tastes of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your lunch at Cork and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!