“Terrible Place - Visitors Please Avoid”
Review of Jenny's Place

Jenny's Place
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Elora
Reviewed September 28, 2012

As a local I can tell you this is not a place that acurately reflects the feel of Elora. Locals know better than to go there. Visitors stay away. They scream at you and are rude and obnoxious. There are plenty of places in Elora to enjoy that are friendly and welcome your business so go there instead. I could not get out of there fast enough.

9  Thank Taster50

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I took a spontaneous Labour Day day trip to Elora from Toronto today. We weren't planning on having ice cream, but decided to have a cold snack on a hot day before returning home. We should have had the organic ice cream at the Village Olive Grove (but we thought it was pretty expensive). Walking in to Jenny's, it was clear there was no organization to the place - we couldn't tell where there was a line-up to order ice cream. We took some time looking at the HUGE menu of ice cream flavours above the counter, so did not go straight up to the ice cream counter right away. The servers were yelling out "I'll serve who's next" and random people behind us walked up to the counter. So you basically had to elbow your way to be next. Then, I tried to order a flavour from the menu, to be told that we couldn't order from that; they only have the flavours that are in front of us (despite the sign on their window boasting they have 42 flavours). Then my husband tried to order a double scoop of two different flavours, to be told by the poor high school student behind the counter that we couldn't order different flavours on one cone - her boss won't allow it. What ice cream place doesn't allow you to combine flavours? Then to top it all off, the bill came to the same amount we would have paid at the lovely, quiet, organic place down the street (the prices aren't posted anywhere in the Jenny's place, and by the time you get to the counter, you don't care!). Stay far, far away from Jenny's Place!

12  Thank Carobs
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Slow service, "hot" food was either cold or luke warm, & management is incredibly rude. Customers deserve to be treated like people. Something as simple as placing an order can get you screamed at, if they happen to be out of that menu item. Thanks for raining on my beautiful day.

7  Thank OfficialRealityCheck
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is an embarrassment to Elora. I have seen the owner belittle his staff in front of customers, pocket the tip cups on the counters and rinse and re-use styrofoam cups after staff have eaten out of them. Locals know better than to go to this place, tourists beware!

11  Thank Javabird1
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I agree 100% with the other reviewer. I know exactly the man they refer to. He is totally loud and obnoxious, and shamlessly attempts to upsell everything, practically demanding you buy more than you want, and getting angry when you say "no, in fact we DON'T want a plate of nachos to share...um, no again, we don't want fries, either." etc. I bet everone in Elora knows this guy, if he weren't so over the top rude it might be kind of funny. But, it isn't. Go to The Village Olive Grove for ice cream, or The Harvest Table. In fact, the Harvest Table charges half what Jenny's does, and ice cream is FREE for kids on Saturdays. If I have taken any business away from this rude man then I am thrilled.

9  Thank emmajack67