Dear all other Trip Advisor patrons,
Please take caution in booking a stay here, as you might end up with a few surprises.
As my group and I decided to book rooms together for an event, we found the price here reasonable and chose to stay here for a couple nights. Upon entering the room, we were distraught to find that one of the toilets weren't working (we hadn't even used it, we tried flushing it and it didn't work). Hoping to get some help to fix it, on our way out we talked to the lady at the front desk (heavy accent, innocent smile) and told her that one of the toilets didn't work. She argued with us and insisted that it was our fault the toilet was broken, even after we repeatedly explained to her how we didn't even use it yet. Not only did she explain how we were the ones at fault, but she also provided no assistance what so ever, merely offering us a plunger to use. Upon returning for dinner, we see a plunger left out for us in the main hallway by the front desk (classy). After several attempts, we found ourselves bested by the toilet, and had to resort to sharing a bathroom. In addition, the other room with the working bathroom had a broken window, which could be opened, but not closed, resulting in some very creative problem solving.
Finally, not to say that you necessarily have to be nice to your customers, but kindness does go a long way. Several times throughout our hall we saw her and she completely ignored us, never saying "good morning" or providing any acknowledgement. Did I forget to mention that she was NEVER at the front desk? where she spent all her time will forever be a mystery to me.
Overall? The rooms themselves were nice, as they were well-furnished and renovated (albeit some plumbing issues), but the service was unfortunately at an all time low. Please approach this hotel with caution! I speak in your best interest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated, The Village Inn Motel offers a warm welcome, friendly service, and clean, comfortable accommodations for visitors to the beautiful Village of Elora. We have a large parking lot even suitable for large vehicles and trucks. Located on the south side of the village, we are close to all the attractions; The Elora Gorge, The Grand River Raceway and Casino, the unique stores of the core Elora area, walking trails, including the Elora-Cataract Trailway, conservation areas, restaurants, and more all just a few minutes away. Two wonderful restaurants are right on the premises. Fergus, St. Jacobs, Elmira, Salem, Rockwood, Kitchener, Waterloo, and Guelph all just a short drive from Elora. Enjoy an affordable night stay in beautiful Elora, a short distance away from the hustle & bustle of city life and yet it feels like ...a world away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Village Inn Elora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Inn Elora Hotel Elora
- Village Hotel Elora
- The Village Inn Elora Ontario