“Second visit with same fine results!”

The Cellar Pub and Grill
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Elora
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A cozy dining spot with an outdoor patio overlooking the river. Join us for lunch or dinner!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our second visit in the last two years produced similar fine results! Service is very fine at this restaurant sitting on the banks of the Grand River with patio seating when weather permits. There are many options for your dining pleasure from sandwiches, wraps to salads and entrees during our lunchtime visit. A copy of their food and drink menu is enclosed for your information. My wife chose the deconstructed wrap with Chicken, bacon, cheese, red onion and mix greens with a side dressing which was tasty, accompanied by a delicious tomato, basil and feta soup. It was thick, flavorful and hard to stop eating. My blackened chicken wrap was filled with veggies and a dressing that was good, but a tad too much for my taste. My side was a crisp, enjoyable Caesar salad with bacon and croutons with tasty dressing, but a tad too much applied. One coffee, plus tax amounted to $39 before gratuity. This village favorite does it all very well and is worthy of your consideration. Highly Recommended!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (259)

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

A lovely dinner spent with the bride and groom to be and family. The service was good and the atmosphere so relaxing.
Visitors from Malta.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Great, friendly service. Food was excellent! Even the vegan...me...was well fed! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the view and drinks. Food has been passing around for other tables: seemed generous and good. We’ll try the food next time.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

I have never been so mistreated....
As I was told to do, I made a reservation for 12:30 on Sunday. At that time I asked for a seat by the river and was told they do not reserve spots, it’s first come first served.
We arrived early and there was a nice table for two by the river. I was told I can’t have that table cause it’s reserved... What!! I came first and what wrong with me that they wouldn’t let me have that table after being yelled at by the owner that it’s a busy summer?? We left. Avoid this place they all ready have too many costumer, hope the owner is nicer to them NOT GOOD SERVICE

1  Thank 123TanyaB
G5253NWjanets, Owner at The Cellar Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Id like to start this response by also saying I've never been more mistreated by a customer. In the 9 years years I have owned this restaurant I was shocked at how verbally abusive you became to not only me, but my husband and my 16 year old daughter who also work at The Cellar. You became so irate that even the musicians you came to see asked you to leave. They were so apologetic to me and were so very sorry and embarrassed their "friend" acted this way over a table by the water.

I did reserve you a table, I'm sorry you did not like the placement of it. You were placed by the musicians because there was a note in the book that you came to see them.

I hope you find enjoyment in the rest of this beautiful summer :)

Janet