“Wonderful Place amid Nature”
Review of Woods Resort

Woods Resort
Ranked #17 of 36 Almora B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was a solo traveler, stayed 3 days in early December at the V-resort. The place is set in the midst of the forest, away from civilization!!! The way I wanted. The Manager Omkar Singh was more than helpful and went to great lengths to accommodate my requests. He even came with me all the way to Almora to change some dollars. Their guide (Manoj?) knows the terrain very well and I went for long hikes and trips. All the staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. Loved the bonfire in the night! Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Woods Resort

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Being a tourist we directly went to Almora from Ranikhet thinking the hotel being in Almora only to know that we had left it 30 Kms behind. I had sternly told my travel agent to give me hotels near city as i was traveling with my wife & 4 year old daughter. To be true i was furious at seeing the location as i was traveling to the hotel.
But to my surprise the location came in as a surprise. I was greeted by the manager with a welcome drink. The rooms had wooden flooring and the aroma just spell bounded me. Though they didn't had much of activity for kids but made up with carom & painting activities. They had 2 fish ponds, a small route for hiking. Awesome view, fabulous Food and to top all that Great hotel staff i came across. Never felt unsafe as it was right in the middle of jungle.
Manager was very kind to oblige to every details we asked for. During evening we along with Hotel staff used to have sort of gathering around bonfire. They were very keen in letting me know abt the surrounding, their culture etc.
I wish they had little bit more activities to keep small kids engaged. I could see Leopard Den right from my Room. If anyone looking for some relaxation, peace of mind, this is the Hotel to be.
I kinda felt nostalgic while leaving the hotel. Would surely visit the hotel and would recommend it to everyone who are visiting Uttranchal...

Keep up the good Work Guys !!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ajithpisal
Reviewed November 8, 2012

What more to start the review then to say - home in the himalayas..... The cottage rooms made in Kumoni style is what the travel time of 4 hrs from kathgodam. The resort is being run by the able manager - Omkar Mehra and a great cook himself(very important tips he gave during evening conversation), the other staff - Mangal Adhikari, who always appears magically when we require something... & the best part was the FOOOODDD.I am a foodie myself & enjoyed the dishes served. Omkar also arranged for a traditional food & it was awesome.

Keep up the good work v-resort... Am definitely going to visit your other properties soon.

My 5 star rating to V-resort, Manan, Almora.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Animesh_952
Reviewed October 31, 2012

V-Resorts Almora is situated in between Almora and Kasauni in a place called Manan. It is a perfect holiday destination for nature lovers. We were on a family holiday trip to Uttrakhand in October 2012 and came across this resort located in an off-beat destination minus the regular hustle bustle.

V-Resorts Almora is situated right in the lap of nature with serene surroundings, chirping birds and great view of the Himalayas (especially Trishul mountain) during sunrise. Added to the pleasant surroundings, the staff at the resort is also extremely courteous. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Kudos to Mr Omkar Singh (manager of the resort and a great cook too) who made sure we had a great time and served us excellentttttttttt food.

The resort is spread over acres of land with their own vegetable garden. The food served is very healthy and organic. The best part, there is no fixed menu and the meals were served as per our liking. This was just awesome. Weather was just perfect with evenings being cold....we enjoyed the born fire and barbeque....

We stayed in three locations during our trip to Uttrakhand but this was one location which made us feel nostalgic while leaving. There is something magical about V- Resorts Almora which cannot be described in words, it can only be experienced. It can be rightfully called “home away from home” :)).

Room Tip: All rooms looked good to us. Just ensure that you spend quality time at the resort and do not waste...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a solo traveller and visited Pugs Paw in October. After a train, two buses and a taxi later, I had arrived at the resort. It was definitely worth the travel. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Indian cities, then my experience suggests to head into the hills! I had booked through Agoda, so the confirmation hadn't quite reached the hotel yet, which was a bit disheartening at first. But soon enough I was welcomed in with fresh, home-cooked food and a choice of the best hotel room. I was the only guest at the time, but I didnt mind at the quiet and peace was bliss! The manager took me under his wing to show me the surroundings areas, including a visit to a tea plantation, a woollen-thread factory, a temple and a fruit orchard. This was definitely a unique experience to remember. To top it off, in the evening the chef and manager worked together to give me a brief cookery lesson in the kitchen. I was so impressed with the quality of the food that I insisted they give me the recipe, and they went the step further. The manager speaks great English which was a relief as my Hindi is next to non-existant!
I would suggest maybe not coming as a solo traveller. The place has a vibe suitable for couples or a group of friends. But all in all I had a great stay, comfortable sleep and amazing food!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kellie R
Vaibhav D, Manager at Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Kellie,

It was so wonderful to have you at V Resorts Almora (also known as Pugs Paw Eco Retreat). Thank you so much for your appreciative and gracious comments, we have taken everything you said to our heart. We indeed admire that you were so sporting in our resort and curious to explore local sites and treks that it was a joy to serve you. We would be delighted to welcome you back at some time at Almora and at our other properties (total 6 in Uttarakhand). Thank you very much again and wish you a safe ride back home.

with Regards,

Manaagement @ V Resorts

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My stay Vresorts Pug's paw was too awesome. Loved the view around it whole covered with hills, the hill just infront of the rooms were like a cherry over cake. During the stay i enjoyed seeing the Himalayan ranges and 2 rivers. A trek to a waterfall was good, enjoyed playing there. The place is just beyond the imaginations one can do by seeing the photos, and everything. Rooms made of wood and hut style were giving the feeling of living on mountains. Services, food, & everything were excellent. It was a pleasant stay over there in silence.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
VresortsAlmora, Management at Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Sahil,

Thank you for choosing V Resorts Almora on your recent trip to the city. We are happy to learn that you had a good time over here. Situated on the beautiful hills of Kumaon, we indeed fall at the perfect location for serene and calm views. We give an opportunity to guests to admire Mother Nature in its full element.

Excellent hospitality is yet another feature that we boast of and we are glad that you appreciated our efforts. Our team always strives to make the stay of our guests eventful and superb for the rest of their lives.

Once again we thank you for your kind comments and would love to greet and treat you on your next trip as well.

Regards,
Management @ V Resorts Almora

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in VResorts Pug's Paw resort at Almora and had a great time. This was in the month of June and we were on our way to Kausani. A friend suggested this place as better than Kausani hotels and we booked thru their website. The resort has an awesome feel and is built in a lovely style. We loved the 'Pahari' style ethnic rooms with all comforts. Its a large property with just a few rooms and vast open space in the mid of the jungle. We had a lovely time trekking around and staff was very courteous to show us the places while still keeping a distance to give us room. For the sunrise, we drove to Kausani (just 40 minutes) though it was full view from the resort also. Staff suggested that they would put up camps and we could camp all night and we were tempted but we had a small child and decided not to. The food was great particularly the fresh fish catch from their own pond and the organic veggies being grown in the resort. It's not luxurious like a 5-star, however given our liking for offbeat places we had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gautamhaldar
VresortsAlmora, Management at Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Gautam,

We are glad to know about your pleasant experience with us and thank you for your kind feedback. Nestled in the beautiful hills of Kumaon, we are at perfect location for a soothing experience and our unmatched hospitality ensures to serve memories to our guests.

V Resorts Almora offers a stay in the lap of nature besides all other amenities which one can’t find everywhere. We endeavor to make every day of our guest worth staying as we offer them camps and organic food.

It’s our pleasure to have succeeded in serving you and we would be happy to serve you again at any of the 6 properties in Uttrakhand.

Regards,
Management @ V Resorts Almora

Also consider these accommodations in or near Almora
Imperial Heights Binsar
#3 of 5 in Binsar
Kasaar Jungle Resort
Kasaar Jungle Resort
#1 of 17 in Almora

Been to Woods Resort? Share your experiences!