“Wonderful and Relaxing”
Review of Vita Classica

Vita Classica
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I decided to try out Vita Classica's thermal baths one cold and rainy sunday afternoon and my goodness we are so glad we went!! The staff was wonderfully friendly and spoke english well. They had maps at the font desk and were very helpful with what to do and where to go. But here is a quick how-to guide because the signs are all in French and German. Upon payment (only 13 euros each for the baths!) you get an electronic key card like a hotel room key that let's you into the facility. Follow the hallway to the left and you'll find the changing rooms and locker area. It took us a few moments to figure out that there wasn't a 'womans only' and 'mens only' locker room but have no fear - its set up very well and very privately. There are private booths that you enter with a door on each side and a shelf that keeps both doors from opening (very cool) so you have your own room for changing into your swim suits - YES, IT IS A BATHING SUIT FACILITY - and then you go out the other side for the lockers. Find a locker with a blue watch-like looking thing on it and your key card goes inside the locker on the left (instructions are on the door, but it still took me a moment to figure out). There's plenty of room for a purse, coat, and gym bag. Take the watch-looking lock with you. Once your stuff is all locked up, it's time to explore the pools! This I'll let you discover on your own. Bring your map with you if you want! You can't go wrong, it's wonderful!!
What to bring:
2 towels or a towel and a bath robe. You have to walk in between pools and so I liked to have my towel around me to keep warm. There were lots of people walking around in just their suits and in full on bathrobes. And the second towel to shower and dry off with.
Flip flops

I also saw people bring their own coolers. I haven't done this but others did. There are also lots of places just to lounge and read or rest. Very wonderful.

Also a great place to bring kids! There were a few families with kids of all ages enjoying the water, but not overrun either.

I highly highly recommend it!!

5  Thank Kelly W

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Diverse thermal pools that suit for all ages (including kids). The unique one is in the music hall in where you can float above water and ear a relaxing underwater music.
The place is very clean and well organized. It was great to close a rainy day at this place – it is open till quite late. The water temperature was not as warm as we expected but the filling was sufficiently comfortable. The communication with the staff was frustrating - we left with a bad feeling that they were not so tolerate to us.
The place is recommended for families that want to close a fully loaded day in a relaxing place.

2  Thank Rony A
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The facilities were wonderful. Gorgeous spa pools, changing rooms, wellness center. Communication was challenging. I mentioned I was staying across the street at the Hotel Ott, but the attendant didn't suggest that I buy the entrance ticket at the hotel, where I could have saved 30%. I needed to pay for the towel with a credit card, which she insisted I couldn't do but eventually did, with no problem. The directions to the spa, versus sauna, were not clear, and I spent 15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to open the wrong locker. It was difficult to find out what food was served because I couldn't read German. Some multilingual signs, at least in English, would be most helpful. Probably works great for German speakers. Had a great massage with Pushpa.

1  Thank judythr
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had been to the spa some years ago and what a change! The spa is now a major attraction for families (with suitable areas for both kids and those who do not want the adult-natured spa that is blocked from view) but is also a great attraction for couples, singles, and others who want the full experience of the spa without the encumbrance of any clothes (swim-wear even is forbidden in the adult section). My wife and I chose the adult section and embraced the experience fully! For a wedding anniversary experience of a couple of decades, we felt like newly married again. Embrace it, or stick with the family side, but enjoy the spa experience, which you will get at Vita Classica.

2  Thank odot
Reviewed December 25, 2011

THe saunas were great, lots of choices, and a nice panorama sauna on the top floor. The baths however are not that special (except one).

3  Thank bclout