“Like Review above plus Great Breakfast!!”
Review of Trafohaus

Trafohaus
Trafohaus
Ranked #2 of 5 Bruhl B&B and Inns
Morganton, North Carolina
“Like Review above plus Great Breakfast!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I agree with everything in the review called "A Hidden Gem..."
Let me comment on breakfast. It was wonderful!! We are a USA family traveling with a German family. Our host treated us with a huge platter of scrambled eggs, bacon, breads, jams, lots of coffee, juice, other sliced meats and cheese! Then she asked what she could prepare for the next day.
This is truly a wonderful place. Like the other review, this feels like a nice hotel with a bed and breakfast touch!!
Wish I lived in Germany so I could stay here often!

• Stayed August 2013

Families
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are looking for the big and famous hotel you shouldn't even read this review: Trafohaus offers 3 (in words: three) rooms. The rooms have perfect hotel quality, so on one hand you don't feel like in a private bed and breakfast: it's on par with 3 to 4 star hotels. On the other hand the lady running the place is so nice and friendly that I almost felt like getting home to mom - almost, since she is significantly younger than myself.

The place is part of a railway station, in fact it is a former power transformer building. Since the station is still operating the ride to and from Cologne central is less than 20 minutes once per hour (there are more but slower other connections). The claim that you don't hear the trains due to good sound isolating windows can only be partially true: I haven't heard the trains last night with open window. I think the trains are quiet because they stop right at this place.

I didn't take breakfast due to lack of time, but I'm sure I wouldn't have been disappointed. According to the handwritten notes in the guestbook I may even have missed something.

Regarding dinner: guests of the Trafohaus get a discount in the restaurant that is located in the former main building of the "Kaiserbahnhof" (emperors station). The place is certainly worth the money, and with the disount a bargain.

I had my doubts about staying in such a rather "remote" place. But to be honest I have been in "central" places where it took longer to get there. I'll certainly come back with my family. Where else would we have the chance to occupy a complete hotel floor?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bruhl
Hotel am Stern
#5 of 7 in Bornheim
SIX!
SIX!
#1 of 5 in Bruhl

Been to Trafohaus? Share your experiences!