“I Liked the resort and services!”

The Wildflower Resort
Jamshedpur, India
“I Liked the resort and services!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and my family spent three wonderful days at the wildflower resort in Bandhavgarh. It is a nice resort near the forest. We had nice large room and enjoyed a lot. The food and services were also very good. They arranged for our safaris through the current permits and we even got one safari in Tala Zone,the main zone of bandhavgarh.

While searching for hotels in Bandhavgarh i went through the reviews here and was worried because of some reviews. Went ahead booking this place as a friend of mine had stayed here earlier and had recommended it. Also the deal offered was far better than other similar resorts. I can now recommend this resort to anybody without a hitch. I will have to come back again as we could not spot a Tiger, and will stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank shuklaashok010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The first thing that comes to my mind is the hospitality and the friendliness of the manager. He is the X-factor for this resort nestled in one corner close to the wilderness. Nice secluded and well maintained property. Rooms are good and so is the food. The manager is also an excellent naturalist so he can be a true value addition to your trip. Do book your safaris in advance and go for direct booking.
The only con that i can think of is poor approach road and a bit secluded location which is a bit away from the forest office.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoYoftravelling2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We spent four wonderful nights at this lovely place in Bandhavgarh. The location of this lodge is superb...right next to the park. We would wander around in the adjoining forests with their naturalist throughout the day. We regretted not having booked as many safaris but biking around the tribal village, nature walks and the waterfall visit with angling and bonfire kept us happily occupied. Bandhavgarh is a must visit place on a India tour. We loved going for the safaris expecially for the morning ones. Not being able to see a tiger was a disappointment though. It is not a very luxurious resort but a fantastic Jungle lodge with large and well appointed rooms, good food, nice and hospitable people. This place is all about experiencing nature. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David_Lus_SO
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The worst resort i ever visited in my life.
Third class rooms.
Worst service.
Only 4 people handle the while hotel which includes the cook as well.
I stayed there for 2 nights, my rooms were shabby from the day 1itself and were not cleaned till the time i checked out.
Rooms full of broken furniture.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK MY PHOTOS OF THE ROOMS.
Its completely opposite to the photos given by the hotel.

Avoid.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Venus S
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here during our Bandhavagarh visit. All of us lust loved the location and services. We got a very good deal for group stay (we booked directly). Some of us stayed in deluxe cottage rooms while we couples were upgraded to suites for free. Both rooms are very good but suite rooms are more luxurious. Although other guests were also there but they ensured that our meals are as per our choice. The staff are very caring and humble people. We were taken for jeep safaris arranged by the hotel staff. It was a very good experience. Although we didn't get the more famous and expensive zones but still got to see the royal bengal tiger. It was great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank parbati s
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am from Nepal and had gone to Chitwan to see tigers many many times. Never see one. I and my friends planned a visit to Ranthambore, Bandhav garh and Kanha then. In ranthambore also did not see a tiger. Our second place was bandhavgarh and stayed at The Wildflower Resort. We booked through agoda portal. We not knowing that park visit requiring permit and on reaching there was no permit. sri avinash is a very very good man. On knowing our failing to see a tiger anywhere else he helped and helped in getting permit. It was direct from park department office. We stand in Q and got ticket. We take two safari everyday. See tiger in all safari. I put photo also here.

The hotel is very very good. Inside forest at very good price. We pay more price in chitwan but not getting so good hotel. All facilities like our five star in Nepal. Food also very good and tasty. avinash ji and all staff working there very friendly and helpful. I tell everyone to come here for tiger viewing and stay in this very good hotel only.

Room Tip: we take six room for our group, all room very good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank vikashNep
Kabul
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Having lived and worked in India for some time I am familiar with the issues that face Indian businesses in healthcare and hospitality when it comes to WWW (What westerners want)and the Wildflower resort is no exception.

I felt that this resort made a lot of effort to meet my needs,and make my stay as trouble free and comfortable as possible.Staff were friendly and worked to the limits of their capacities. Food was excellent and extremely cheap, although I had issues with there being no menu or price list, items being brought to the table that I hadn't asked for and was duly charged at check out.

Staff had poor level of English, although I often find that people initially have trouble with my UK English if their English is not already good.

The price and value was reasonable, given the location,and it seems that proliferation of guest houses in the area will be prevented, this will keep prices on the high side.

Rooms at the wildflower are good, although as they say the devil is in the details,the tea and coffee was not re-stocked, neither was the water pot. Most disturbingly the satellite TV box was live and gave me a nasty zap when I picked it up to investigate why I was unable to find any channels. It would be terrible if a small child were to do the same. On the electrical side the power was off for the whole of my second day and while taking a photograph of the field next door I noticed that the electrical box at the rear of the bungalow had had a fire and was melted in part. I also found that a lot of rubbish from previous guests had been dumped behind the bungalow instead of being disposed of normally. This is something I caught my colleagues in Delhi doing when I first came to India,so assume that this is normal behavior in the absence of a organisational solution.

One must accept that hygiene in India is generally poor, I have spent a year trying to get my Indian colleagues to adopt higher standards, and as a general rule, I have found that cleaning is left to low caste workers, usually women. Even clearing up ones own mess is seen as having to lower oneself. This was evident at the Wildflower,a trip to the toilet in reception and a visit to the kitchen, it is not helpful that much of the main building is open to the elements. The air in India is heavily dust laden,this means that keeping kitchen utensils and dishes clean is impossible.

The real downside to the whole resort is the dining room and the reception area,which has been decorated with mud daubed walls finished with rice husk, the whole area is is dark and dreary, lighting is megre. The dining room is dominated by a chimney, which did not have a fire lit,this I found blocked light and it would be good on winter evenings if even a small fire could be lit at dinner time to add some atmosphere if not some extra light. Otherwise, the empty coke bottles should be removed and the fireplace could be filled with logs. In reception, a rickety display cabinet with broken glass does nothing to promote the merchandise that sits within and adds a further touch to the overall feeling of austerity of the place.

Finally,this resort needs a lot of work and attention,there are at least four members of staff who for the most part spend their day doing nothing. It would be wise to set people to work ensuring that basic standards are met, a little work in the garden each day could quickly transform the area to the front of the bungalows it seems that a lack of leadership means that this is not happening. The resort could do with some advice from a consultant as it seems that the current owner and manager do not have the capacity to succeed while on the current path. Having said that it seems that some guests feel that everything is ok, you pay your money and make your choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo