“Kudos! We'll be back again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wildflower Resort

and 1 more site!
The Wildflower Resort
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Kudos! We'll be back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Taking cues from the reviews here I was prepared to handle some bad roads but found them to be just what should be expected from a wildlife destination. Located right next to the core zone of Bandhavgarh NP is this fantastic jungle resort. A dirt road passing through the jungle leading to this perfect hideaway is how our experience started. No tarmac or shops or houses around to ruin the scenery, we were surrounded by absolute calm of the jungle! Although the place was not tents or thatched roofs (Had it been that way I would have rated it 6 out of 5) but the concrete cottages had tiled roofs and blended well with the surroundings. I was here during summers and the surrounding jungles were not my favorite shade of green but it didn't really need much imagination to picture what would this place feel like during the rains or the winters.

We were booked for a deluxe room by our travel agent but got a complimentary upgrade to a suite which spiced up our experience. Having been to most of the wildlife destinations in India, I understand how difficult it is to run the show in a jungle and do not really look forward to very pompous lodgings or extravagant buffets but indulging in some unexpected privileges was vantage. For me the ancillaries like cozy spring beds or a large TV or nice bathroom or savory food was not what I desired but for those who are looking out for these, wildflower will make you very happy.

What I enjoyed most were the evenings spent on the "Machan", where we sat gazing out to the plains and the jungle with a pair of binoculars and a drink. One evening, at around 10, a cacophony of alarm calls indicating the presence of a predator lurking somewhere near in the dark caused a spine-chilling thrill. Although the excitement died down later but spotting a herd of wild hogs, made us happy with contentment.

We made our booking for the safaris beforehand as availability of safaris is very difficult at Bandhavagarh these days, especially for Tala (Premium Zone). We had booked safaris at Zone 2 and 3 as Tala was not available but asked the hotel to arrange the Jeep and guide for us. To our surprise, a safari for tala zone was arranged by the hotel to fulfill our desire for visiting the Vishnu Statue. Kudos.

We really appreciate the sincere hospitality extended by all of you at wildflower. We would trouble you again.

Room Tip: We made our booking for the safaris beforehand as availability of safaris is very difficult at Bandh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked the resort basis reviews online, resort website and brochure, but was terribly disappointed with what we got. The rooms are okay, could be better maintained. The bathrooms are large but quality of water was bad, hot water took ages to come thru. The room service was poor, just two families occupying the resort and still the resort personnel kept forgetting the orders until reminded. We depended on the resort for the safari bookings..two back to back safaris in the worst zone of the jungle where we could not spot deers let alone tigers. However, not all is bad...good food, well behaved staff. I was personally very disappointed with what we got compared to what was portrayed by the resort on their website and brochure

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Karthik R
Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

it was really nice stay in wild flower resort
service wz quite appreciable
rooms were nice n clean
food wz delicious
nice view from resort
i would recommend this resort to everyone..staff was really very nice and helpful..they made every effort to avail our safari..overall it was a very nice stay in a beautiful resort..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PRAGATI110
Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

resort is located at one of the best locations..surrounded by such scenic beauty..and above all is the best of behaviour of the staff members and their hospitality..they try to make your trip as the best with every possible efforts..food is also good..its a perfect place to relax in between the jungle..rooms are also nice..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MANISHA95
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed as a group for two nights in last week of March, 2013. This is very special place with staff that care and want you to have a great holiday experience. The first thing to notice was the location right between two different core zones of the tiger reserve. The cottages are beautiful, well appointed with a rustic forest feel. They organized a bonfire and tribal dance in a beautiful gazebo for our evening drinks which really was a wonderful experience. The food was a delight; they served a five course meal with appetizer, soup, salad, main meal and dessert primarily from the Indian cuisine but gladly accommodated our English demands as well. We really enjoyed this place despite of not being able to sight a tiger, our main reason of visiting this place. We plan to return again to this wonderful place with more time to spend here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shellharbour, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am touring India for two months on a budget and wanted to see the tiger in Bandhavgarh. I found Wildflower resort on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try.

The resort looks very nice and the room I had was big and neatly furnished with it's king size bed and tiger paintings. The bathroom was not the cleanest when I received my room, but after first housekeeping it was ok.

The owner Avinash was very helpful in organising my tiger safaris and excursions and transport, though I am sure I did not get the best possible price as my stay was in April, which is low-season and shared safari vehicle with other tourists was not an option as I was their only customer during my four night stay.

I had two tiger safaris with the official national park guide and driver, booked through Wildflower resort. On my first safari, I had good driver, good guide, but bad luck and no tigers. On my second safari, I had bad driver, bad guide, but good luck and saw a tiger.

Overall my stay was successful, I saw a tiger. There was a language barrier between me and the Wildflower staff, which caused some mismatch of what I had ordered from the menu and what was brought to the table. Had the staff been much better in English language and sharing brought down the safari price from 5000 INR (plus taxes), which I now paid for a private safari, I would highly recommend this resort, now I can only recommend with caution.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank ElmoEnsio
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

After 3 weeks of topsy-turvydom in India this was the perfect place to kick back and relax. Secluded, great service, excellent food and lovely rooms. Small resort right in the jungle with amazing views that we were never tired of. Couldn’t get elephant safaris but Jeep Safaris were good..Better than the Rantambor’s clanking ones.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple