“Peacefull location”

Tiger Lagoon
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
“Peacefull location”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The first impression of tiger lagoon is so impressive you fall in love with the place instantly. The place is so peaceful, you can sitoutdoor for hours together. Each cottage is spacious and beautifully designed. There is a outdoor shower outside every cottage , though we couldn’t use it because it was cold , it must be fun in summer.
You can hear the birds chirping throughout the day .
The service was pleasant and staff are extremely helpful. We were a group of 24, they looked after us so well .
Most important thing is make sure you have booking for jeep safari , well in advance.
The staff are genuinely nice and friendly. Over all the stay at this place enhanced our total holiday experience

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We a group of 25 people stayed there for one night in dec 12 and it was a most cherishable experience for each one of us. Right from ambience, location,individual cabana rooms, everything was perfect. Tiger lagoon has nice clean beautiful dining area with big glass doors n windows which makes it open to surrounding. We had mesmerizing tiger viewing on both the safaris which made our trip oh so special. The staff was courteous n efficient and took care of all our needs n demands. They even ensured that we went for safaris with enough blankets as it was very cold. A special evening bonfire was organised by hotel to make our holiday a perfect one. All in all it was one memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this place and were amazed by the service. The staff speak very good English. The manager Ghan Shyam was of an unbelievable help with logistics, helping us with transfers to train station, train ticket booking, advice. He was as well very open minded in sharing his culture. As it was very chilly we were provided with heater. We loved our stayed over there.

• Stayed November 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent experience at Tiger Lagoon. Visited the place for 5 nights Very polite and discipline and co-operative staff. The rooms were awesome, the outdoor shower and jacuzzi oh...great idea!!!!!
Food was very healthy and hygiene. Everybody have to visit once at Tiger Lagoon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Right from the guidance for booking the rooms, help in reaching the place (as we were driving), to the food, the warm and homely environment created by the staff it was one of the best vacations we have ever had. The cottages were clean and tastefully decorated, the pool was well maintained. The staff, the place, food and the wildlife we saw, made a place in our hearts..... A big thank U to Mr. Anup who was very thoughtful.

We saw tigers, a sloth bear, various birds and plant life. I strongly recommend that if U are looking for a vacation in MP, should stay in Tiger lagoon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kshama C
mumbai
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels & resorts in Bandhavgarh. My last couple of visits to the jungle have been primarily for the Tiger but now its also for the experience of the resort & the forest. Last October, during a business trip, I stayed at the Tiger Lagoon & was zapped to notice the enormity of the area in which it is built! Its humangous!!! Its a world of its own!

The rooms are as big as a cricket pitch, play, run, dance! Not to forget, the bathrooms are the size of bedrooms & fully equipped with the latest toiletries. One can spend an entire day just wondering around in the resort! Owing to the size of the resort, the service seems to be a bit delayed. The food is buffet, like in most jungle resorts....its good & palatable. One big flaw I think is its Location. It is a bit too far from the forest entry gate. So in order to go for the safari, one has to leave the resort at least half an hour prior, which takes a toll sometimes. The staff is courteous & helpful.

Summing up, its a luxurious place to stay & gives the feels of the jungle with a beautiful view of the lagoon.

P.S: I stayed at this resort with my brother Deepak Rai, hence the reservation was in his name.

Room Tip: The newly done rooms near the lagoon are heaven.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank monica j
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Its an amazing place to stay.The location is excellent, right by a lagoon with green fields beyond....close to nature, peaceful & undisturbed. The rooms are large & beautifully designed with a working open air jacuzzi attached to each cottage....what more can you ask for ?? Each cottage has privacy and a large balcony overlooking the lagoon. The staff are very polite, warm and accommodating & the food makes you drool though its a fixed menu.
But here's the catch...I made the tedious journey all the way to Bandhavgarh, for nothing else but to see the tigers & the hotel had totally messed up my safari bookings. I don't blame the ground staff at the hotel, as they made every effort to see what best they could do under the circumstances.There are three safari zones, & most travellers to Bandhavgarh who've done their research know that the Tala zone is the premium zone, as tiger sighting are more common here. Hence, I'd initially asked them to book both the safaris in the Tala zone & since the person making the booking said that of late, there'd been quite a few sightings even in the Magdhi zone ( the other zone ), I asked for the bookings to be changed to one safari in the Tala zone & one in the Magdhi zone, and paid the fee on line about 15 days before I got there. They had also asked me to scan & mail across my id proof & since I had a scanned copy of my passport on my comp, I mailed the same.I read the instructions mailed to me by the hotel, which mentioned that I need to carry an id proof ( which I didn't think of as much of a problem coz I always carry the Govt issued PAN card in my wallet ).
Imagine my surprise when I get to the hotel & find out that both my safaris have been booked in the Magdhi zone ( non premium zone ) & I need to carry the very same id proof that I'd mailed across to them & not any other Govt approved id proof, else, I cannot go on the safari at all !!! I was fuming !!! Coming all the way from Bangalore, ( 2 flights, an overnight stopover & a 6 hour car journey later ), ONLY to see the tigers & they took it lightly enough to not even inform me beforehand, that they could not get bookings for the Tala zone.The field staff made every effort to make things better by somehow getting my id proof approved, but the fact remained that I never made it to the Tala zone & never got to see a tiger in the wild !! Another day, another trail maybe.......but I still think the hotel behaved irresponsibly by not informing me that they could not get a booking for the Tala zone, since I'd made the booking 15 days ahead. I could have possibly postponed the travel dates if they had informed me before I got there..........

Room Tip: Make sure you get your safari bookings ( zones ) confirmed by mail before you travel, even if you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple