“I like it, but it´s a shame it don´t has free Wifi!!”

NOVINA Hotel Herzogenaurach
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Herzogenaurach
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have recently stayed for a few days in Novina hotel at Herzog. It is a simple business hotel, the rooms are enough big, the breakfast is cool, you can rent a bike for only 3 euro and so you can get everywhere in town. All the staff are very friendly and you don´t have problem if you don´t speak german, english is enough.

My only complaint is that they don´t have free wifi! If you want wifi in your room, you have to buy it, because you only have an ethernet cable and I think in this century, nobody use anymore internet vía cable! (perhaps just at the office). I just brought my ipad and my iphone with me, so I couldn´t use the cable. I payed for the wifi in my room the last day. The first days I get connected vía wifi at the bar/lobby, you can get a free hour (yes, only 1 hr) per day.

Mega fail for this hotel for not having free wifi for all their guests!! >.<!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank HitGirl07
There are newer reviews for NOVINA Hotel Herzogenaurach

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I use this hotel about 4 times a year as I work for one of the Global sportswear companies this town was built upon. I would say this is really the main reason such a large hotel in a small town is in existence - to service the business requirements of Adidas and Puma, and this should be taken into account when staying here. it is sometimes very difficult to obtain reservations when these companies are for example holding Product reviews for their entire global markets.

The hotel is always immaculate. Plenty of free parking. Lovely outdoor seating areas by the bar and comfortable area in reception. I sometimes find reception a little slow for check in, but this is at peak times.

Rooms are very spacious and always immaculate. Never had a problem with heating or cooling and windows open wide on all floors. The only night I had a disturbed sleep was when I was put in an interconnecting room and could hear another woman shouting down her mobile phone at all hours. Not really the fault of the hotel - just an inconsiderate guest.

Bathrooms have shower over bath, are always clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. Lighting is good as a large mirror.

There is plenty of wardrobe space and hangers - I've lived for a week in the hotel and had no problem storing and hanging all my clothes. There is a good sized desk and normally each room also has some comfortable chairs and a coffee table. I sometimes have my team in the room if we need to complete a presentation and there is good space to sit around. There is a decent sized minibar which has a bit of ad-hoc stocking I must admit,but there is always some complimentary water and Haribo. As I sometimes have prolonged stays I often take some fruit or yogurt and there is plenty of space in the fridge for personal items. No coffee or tea though as is usually the case in German hotels.

Breakfast is plentiful and a good selection. I always enjoy the salmon and scrambled eggs and the fruit is fresh not tinned or in syrup. I have never had dinner here as we usually have organised activities elsewhere.

My only bugbear is really the WIFI charge. As others have mentioned - I have never got the cable to work on my laptop and as most people these days travel with a few devices that can't take a cable it's often a useless offering. The cable is conneced at the desk so you can't, for example, sit on the bed or a comfortable chair to Skype or email. There are a lot of smaller hotels in the area that provide WIFI free of charge so why oh why do they do this? It just seems money grabbing in a hotel that is almost permanently full and in a captive market.

Room Tip: Ensure the room isn't a connecting one.....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank notkeepingmum
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed in June for a few days in this hotel. Rooms are spacious, clean and of decent quality. Facility is well maintained and staff are friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast selection is really good with anything that someone might want be available. Location is out from downtown and best to have car getting around, to Herzogenaurach town or further out.
Turning this negative aspect into positive; the location makes it very quiet and peaceful. Have to say that I have not slept that good in many other hotels I stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gzbike
Dominik M, Owner at NOVINA Hotel Herzogenaurach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for your review and the compliments! It is always nice to hear that our effort can satisfy our guests.

Sincerely

D. Maiser

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times. It has all the comforts of the US with a european mix. The rooms are large and the bathrooms also. During my travels in europe it has been rare to find this. The rooms and the hotel are clean and well kept. The food is also a mix, which again is rare to find.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and the compliments! It is always nice to hear that our effort can also satisfy our american guests.

Sincerely

D. Maiser

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed in June for a two day stay. For some reason couldnt find a whole week there, so had to stay 4 days at another hotel, and 2 here. The location is very good if you are on a business trip for companies surrounding the area or you plan on shopping on the factory outlets. But besides that, it is very far from downtown so you have to take a taxi anywhere you want to go.
The room and bathroom are very spacious, bed was comfortable, and nice the fact that you have a free minibar (even though they dont have much stuff on the fridge, but a cold water bottle helps). Internet service was good with wired service, didnt try the wireless one since it was like 5 EUR/day. Lots of english channels in the TV. View from the Room was ok, just to the office building behind the hotel. Room was very clean.
Meals: Had breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Breakfast was good, needs a little more on the juice selection, but sausages, bread and others were very good. Lunch was good but not great, had a steak with sausages.
Service was very good. It helps that you can get a cash advance from the hotel of up to 100 EUR (ATM was a bit far away). They were very helpful with every request I made. You should definetely have a drink at the lobby bar.
If you plan to bring your golf clubs and you are not a German citizen, bring you handicap card!! it is required over at the Herzo Golf Club, if dont bring one you need to talk to a pro and get an evaluation from them in order to play.
I would defintely stay there again, however I rate the hotel 4 out of 5 due to location. If you are staying there for a business trip, good, if not, location is not great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Dominik M, General Manager at NOVINA Hotel Herzogenaurach, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your detailed review and your time to write it.

I am happy to see, that you were pleased with our hotel and our services. We hope to see you soon again. Our team is always there to help you with any concern during your stay!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Novina for one night in March 2012 during a business trip.

Perfectly decent business hotel in the middle of nowhere, can only be recommended if you have an early (or very late) meeting in one of the businesses next door. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast ok and the staff courteous.

Not a stay I will remember, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and your time.

As we are mostly frequented by business travelers, we may be less attractive for a leisure stay. Sorry for that.

Nevertheless we hope to see you again. Maybe we can then do something to convince you!?

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visited this Hotel during the Easter weekend. I lived in this area during the late 1980's -early 1990's and I wanted to see how much this area had changed. And how indeed. The area where the hotel is located is a former U.S. Army base whcih was called Herzo Base. They actually still call this area Herzo Base although the base has been closed since 1993. The hotel is still very brand new. On that weekend, it seemed like we were the only guests there. We visited the outlet ADIDAS and shopped around. This is located not too far from the hotel. Although there is a schuttle service, I rathered drive my own car to get around. The city of Erlangen is not too far and there is plenty to do there. Bars, restaurants and some clubs. The hotel room was very nice. Clean, roomy and spacious. The sauna was very quiet. The breakfast was good although on my first day, I didn't care much for the eggs. They tasted much better on the next day. Must have been a different cook. :-) I loved the big TV screen by the bar. I sat there watching some good German soccer games and a nice cold Weisen Bier. They also make a "mean" tasty mojito.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side. Better scenary and it's quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed review and your time to write it.

I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and services (and the Mojito ;). We hope to see you again on the Herzo Base!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herzogenaurach
Hotel HerzogsPark
Hotel Smart-Inn
#7 of 36 in Erlangen
Ibis Budget Nurnberg Tennenlohe
Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Been to NOVINA Hotel Herzogenaurach? Share your experiences!