All reviewsheritage propertybeautiful lawntip boxplay area for kidsold world charmservice was a bit slowwooden structurehill stationlovely propertysingle nightthe hotel staffmain buildingbadminton courtspectacular viewssmall hotelvisited ranikhetfirst floor
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed in this property for 2 nights on 17th and 18th December'09. The location of the hotel is "picture perfect" and the rooms allotted to us were spacious too and that seemed to be the problem, as because of the intense winter cold the heating was woefully inadequate and the heaters (?) provided were sadly very inadequate and despite numerous requests one staff member kept insisting that they gave only 1 per room! The dinner in the large dining hall was like getting frozen out again with inappropriate heating. However our ordeal was saved the second night by the helpful manager who suggested and supplied us with hot water bottles. The breakfast on the lawn was magnificent. I don't understand why these hotels that are open in the winters do not have adequate arrangement for heating for the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Everything is this hotel was cold, cold, cold-they heat with space heaters that don't really work well-we slept with all our clothes on , including coats and hats. They don't have enough space heaters-we were in cottage-like rooms with two sleeping areas-we all (four of us) piled into one bed and tried to sleep. The little sitting area between the rooms was always freezing (they didn't have a space heater for that spot-so we had to keep moving one if we wanted to use it!!). We went with my brother and sister-in-law and would have enjoyed sitting in this room, but we had to pile on blankets, and all six of us sit close together for warmth. The dining room was so cold, you had to wear coats, hats and mittens (try eating with these on!!) -it had no heat and when we insisted they brought in a marginally working space heater. I jokingly called this "Big Sucking Hotel"-my kids thought that was funny. Unfortunately for us, there is a "Big Sucking Hotel II" in Nanital owned by the same company, the Fairmont-just as awful!!! Was the food good-who would know-we ate quickly and left-it was okay, I guess. The shower had no hot water, so we washed up quickly each day. Probably one of two (the other being the other hotel owned by this company) worst hotels I ever stayed in. Best thing is, I have lots of funny stories to tell about these places (I never used hot water bottles for heat before (that is what they gave us) -my son complained we all smelled from not taking showers (due to cold water), and my poor sister-in-law had to wear my husband's funny hat at dinner. Oh, I forgot-I fought with the staff over the heat and water situation, but they only smiled as they did not know much English. We still had a good time-when not in this hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank lornalynn
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Situated amidst thick wilderness, the Rosemount is a small yet pretty place that boasts spacious rooms, rich flora, and even a little playground. And to ensure your money's worth, you have an absolutely amazing view of the Himalayan range. Very English old world charm!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Time spent in the apple farms having alook at the medicinal herns and in mid of ranikhet was really romantic and knowledgeable

Rooms were g0od and food was vegetarian and awasome

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 1, 2009

except the greenery outside the hotel, every other service is not justified in that amount. its not equivalaent to a 3 start hotel at all. I stayed there fro two nights with my wife..rooms are very normal ones, food is okay and services are very bad.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vishan