All reviews british era heritage property cantonment area open space badminton court dining rooms cozy environment enjoy long walks beautiful colonial style garden chairs included breakfast and dinner caramel custard old world charm evening tea off season family friends glass house
Reviewed July 21, 2018

I have no doubt in calling West View Hotel as one of the most scenic hotels in India, It is on the way to Caubatia Gardens. The property should be close to 100 years old and its inside the cantonment area. Please carry your identity at all times. They have seventeen rooms. They provide wifi in all the rooms. The speed is slow but enough for one to remain connected.

This is a great place for one to come stay and relax. They have space for car parking. The hotel has a cafe, place for kids play area, both indoor and outdoors. The make is old, with high ceiling and large windows, decor is also old school. Those who love old world charm would like this place. Kudos to the horticulture and hygiene

I think the food is bit expensive and quality too needs to improve, service was average (not sure, whether one should expect anything more in a location like that) My verdict, I would love to visit this location again

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2018

British time property with colonial architecture, our stay was every bit as pleasant as it could be.
We were two couples and were instantly upgraded ( such gestures really have a feel ggod factor ),to a property with two bedrooms and a living room with a beautiful front porch and a garden with swing (that became my favourite spot), and garden furniture overlooking the forest, ohh it was all just majestic.

The food options, though limited, were all well prepared and served with a lot of love and warmth. The smallest of our needs were all catered to, a perfect blend of home and vacation. One cant help but notice the beautiful tapestry, the intricate serve ware, for that matter everything done so tastefully, makes one love their stay.

The staff, so warm and courteous, that they just win you over with their simplicity.
It is a beautiful property, basic yet very well maintained and a must recommendation from us.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th. Visit to WVH over a span of 30 years and I love coming here. The lovely building now is in need of extra care. The room we are staying in - 2 interconnect deluxe rooms 35 & 36 - with a lounge, lobby, two rooms & 2 bathrooms are spacious but definitely require massive care and upkeep. The colonial type spring sofas in the lounge and rooms hurt your rear when you sit as the springs have lost their tensile strength. It's like sitting on hard wood. The sofas need cleaning with food stains on them. The doors and cupboards need a good coat of Polish as the brown paint like rough polish spoils the decor. The cupboards and doors need to be restored so that the close properly as some have become warped.

Bathrooms have been refurbished with new fittings, hot water from individual geysers, and great water pressure.

As opposed to the rooms and lounge and the dining area are very well maintained and takes one back to the British era.

The food remains pretty basic in the included breakfast and dinner. Wish the Indian veg and non veg gravies would be a little less spicy and oily. But perhaps they have to cook it that way for the type of guests who stay here. A huge minus point is that it's not kid friendly as far as food is concerned. For my grandson we asked for simple rice, dal and potatoes without any spices as the buffet food was spicy for him and it was charged separately in the bill. Cleanliness of food visually is OK but on closer look we found a strand of hair in a Naan and a small insect in the butter chicken gravy.

Food otherwise on the a' la carte menu is pricy and an average meal for 4 adults will cost about Rs. 2500-3000 (chicken sizzlers Rs. 700.00 mutter paneer Rs. 400.00 chicken kadai Rs. 450.00) but that's ok considering the choice and variety that has to be provided in this semi remote town.

My family of 5 ( including my grandson of 3.5 years) have really loved our stay as much as I did 30 years ago and have decided to come back again. The long walks, the salubrious clime and great sleep quality is already beckoning us back and we feel sad to leave tomorrow morning.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2018

We visited this place after 20 years, once again loved it. Its an old English property with that old world charm....large open area, big lawns, outdoor seating, high ceilings etc. Its a quite place, no hustle bustle with beautiful views, forest around. We did long walks in the forest, totally blissful. Food was good and so was service. There is a small temple on the property, which adds to the character of this place. I had my old parents with me, they equally enjoyed sitting out in the open or just going for a walk on the property itself.The market is around 4 kms from West View. They have done a reasonable job of maintaining such an old property.

This is a very quiet area, go for it if you are a nature lover and looking for a place for some soul searching and a quality time with your family/friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in their Luxury Suite, nice accommodation with a small dressing and a living room. Just loved it !
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

This was my third-time stay at Hotel West View. I and my family are really impressed with the services. The stay was extremely comfortable and the staff ensured the same. The staff is very polite and well-behaved. Food served is very good. Would stay at West view everytime I visit Ranikhet.

Hitesh