“Pathetic service at hotel Shanti Palace Ujjain”

Hotel Shanti Palace
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Ujjain
Pune
“Pathetic service at hotel Shanti Palace Ujjain”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The worst experience I have ever had in a hotel in my lifetime was Hotel Shanti Palace in Ujjain. The Room was not cleaned up when I arrived. Each and everything was arranged in my presense. The bedsheets were dirty and the room was a complete mess. TV was not working. Room service was PATHETIC. At night, the light went off for around two hours and all the staff were busy repairing that. Added to the woes.. there was no warm water avaialble in the morning and they priovided hot water in buckets after telling them several times. There are other inconvinience as well in the hotel. A cheap lodge would have provided better service than Hotel Shanti Palace.

Room Tip: Do not book a room in Hotel Shanti Palace if you want to enjoy your trip in Ujjain
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shail0506

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I planned this visit with my parents. This was their first trip to ujjain with me. We chose Hotel Shanti Palace as it was in our budget and because of the good reviews on TA. On our arrival at Ujjain we were picked up straight away and driven to the hotel.

After we arrived, we saw a marriage party is going on and reception was busy treating them and we waited for good about 20 mins when one gentleman attended us. The room allotted to us was in sad shape. we asked for change but got the reply after three hours 'NO'. We asked for the change of bed sheets and cleaning of toilets as it was in bad shape. Reception gentleman told me that 'U come back from temple, I will get the room done up as their is no Room Service Guy free rt now."

When wee came back, there was no water left for us and nothing to eat. No cleaning. Every order takes at least 1 hour even 'Water & Tea'. we were tired after a overnight journey and morning Mahakal Darshan.

I am a seasoned traveler but this experience wasn't good. We were just dumped. I would strongly not recommend this place. Worst experience I had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ShailendraAwasthi

Travelers are raving about these Ujjain hotels

Nadiad
Reviewed June 15, 2013

ok..so this is not review of hotel..but of their restaurant. we arrived ujjain at late night of 9-6-2013... it was almost 10:30 pm when we arrived... we tried this hotel..but they were full and so we went ahead and found room in hotel imperial.
but the restaurant was closed at hotel imperial... so after checking in we went back to hotel shanti palace where we earlier saw the restaurant was open.
so it was almost around 11:00pm when we reached the hotel..almost expecting to be refused to served food... but we were wrong.
we were readily offered the table.... the service was excellent but a bit slow.....
and the food was simply amazing... one of the veg dish we ordered was kaju masala... and it was the best i ever had...so far....
by the time we ordered the last course (ice creams) it was past midnight... but the staff was happy to serve...
we also promised ourselves to have our lunch at the same place the next day...
in all... it was an excellent experience.. and if i do ever visit the city.. i will surely visit the place for food.. and may be this time i might even able to enjoy their hospitality

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KashyapPatel
Guwahati, India
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's my first trip in ujjain and also this hotel . I went with my family . I already visit with internet . I saw this hotel in computer. Hotel looks good. so I decide that when I will go to ujjain surely visit this hotel.Hotel is not bad . I think this hotel was overall 60% in every all aspect. So I stay this hotel 2 days.Room was small but nice. bathroom need some clean.After two hours. went with to visit some palaces in ujjain.Ujjain is nice place

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank unumoy r
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited recently this hotel with Family.
This is really very very bad,poor, and worst hotel ever i visited. it is far far from Mahakal temple around 3 km. if you are planning to see the "bhasm aarti" then never stay here as you will not get any conveyance from here in early in the morning. if you ask hotel then immedately they will provide you number of a agent "Ashok Sharma" who will arrange pass to see the aarti along with cab facility and charge you 600-1000 Rs per head. if you see the pass is absolutely free of cost. Totally fraud. Mr Ashok Sharma will tell you not to tell hotel employee but all hotel employees are also involved in all this mess.
Pass is available free of cost if u visit temple around 10am in the morning and ask for pass to temple mgmt wiht proper process.
Ashok sharma then take u for Dhoti and Kalash which will cost you 100/-. again fraud...all the name of GOD.
Service of hotel is very poor. we have asked atleast 15 times for bottled water then we got the same after a good shout.
For extra bed you have to ask so many times and you will not get extra bed sheet and blanket. this is my personal experience.
few reviews are also correct. Hotel extension work is still going on. every where construction work is going on. Noise,pollution, and construction materials can be seen.
In bathroom you will not get Bucket and mug. if ask then same will be made available but very very dirty.
No room cleaning service, only they need money.

if you ask cab for site seen, hotel will cost you 3 times than any other..
Overnight party is going on every day..you can not sleep well...

Suggestion: NOT TO STAY AT ALL ...IT IS TOTAL WASTE OF YOUR HARD EARN MONEY..

Room Tip: Not to visit this hotel at all....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank shubhamroy
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This hotel is not near the Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain and it also far from the other temples that one would visit in Ujjain. The food is not very good and the menu is very limited. They were addting an extension to the hotel and it was very noisy and dusty. There are always some programs and functions in the hotel and this means loud music and even louder people. Not a place to stay if you want to rest.

I don't know if there are other hotels near the temple but I understand that the temple offeres AC rooms for guests and that these are cheaper than staying at such a place. Since this hotel is very far from the temple, the auto rickshaw is very expensive. The people at the reception are very helpful but they can't do much. Also, they charged me a lot for an AC cab to the Indore airport on the way back and other options are not really available. So you might want to look for other options for transport around the city and also for the trip to airport or station.

You could see Ujjain in two to three days max, so I would not recommend long trips in Ujjain even if you want to get some 'poojas' and prayers done.

Room Tip: Stay away from hotel palace. No 'Shanti' (peace) and certainly not a palace.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ameyaagangal
visakhapatnam
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Good hotel for travellers visiting Mahakal but not advisable for an overnight stay. Every evening there will be a wedding party in the lawns, the din and disco extends late nights continues late into midnight which disturbs your sleep. The adjoining resturant does not offer any quality food other than marwari food. The hotel bathrooms stink and staff are not responsive. There is a powercut from 7 pm to 9 pm where power is supplied to the wedding parties through generators instead of the hotel rooms.

Room Tip: noisy hotel, with stinking bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

5 Thank aravindbabu87