“Visit to Mahakaleshwar”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Visit to Mahakaleshwar”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visit to Mahakaleshwar was wonderful and divine. Though there were pujari's offering a quick darshan, I opted to stand in the que. For some reason the bird droppings in the que outside the temple had not been cleaned properly, resulting in some smell outside the temple. But once we entered the complex, there was no problem at all.

Standing in the que, chanting the lord's name was a divine feeling. One should try and read the signages, paintings etc. inside the complex as we wait in the que, as this will be quite informative. the darshan inside the temple was also good, though it was from a distance.

The ramp like structure built in front of the shivling was very convenient, there were several people sitting on the structure for a longer darshan, and was a speciality I liked very much.

We must remember to take the prasad available outside, the prasad in the boxes was specially delicious, apart from being divine, the box smelling of pure ghee for several days after we took the prasad.

We had visited on a Monday, and hence were not allowed near the shivling, though I am told that we can actually touch the shivling on other days. I did not see the Bhasam Arti, though that is supposed to be the special puja in Mahakaleshwar.

Visited March 2013
6 Thank vvmishra

• Indonesian first
Turku, Finland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Buy a ticket to enter!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

So... I didn't even manage to go inside to this temple, which I wanted to visit - because on the gate the workers were asking me a ticket to enter - and the price of ticket was 150 rupees!!! I really don't understand, why have to buy a ticket for religious place - so because of this, I didn't pay; I refuse to pay for going inside to temples, and everybody should do the same. Maybe this price is only for tourists.

Visited January 2013
13 Thank Tex Mex D
Noida, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Serene place”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Holy place to have wonderful experience of life. Must go once in life. Shrine trust has good arrangement to manage crowd. But basic requisites like restroom, cleanliness are missing. Don't miss bhasma aarti.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank varugupt
Nashik, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Exellent”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed in Hotel Satyam Near Mahakal Temple, Average hotel, More interested to give paid Taxi service ie...

Visited January 2013
2 Thank singhsk1962
India
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Non maintained”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great temple but temple management seems blind to proper maintenance of this place. I tarvelled with my family and found this place near to dilapidated conditioned, I can see how a new Akshardham temple was made why a old temple cannot refurbished like Akshardham one

Visited August 2012