“Worst experiecne by staying in this Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Rama Krishna

Hotel Rama Krishna
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Ujjain
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Worst experiecne by staying in this Hotel!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I happened to stay recently with another two families who were my friends.Lousy service no lifts rooms allotted in 2nd floor.In spite of sending 50% advance rooms kept in different floors.no changing towels and bed sheets for 3 days.while vaccating no room boys came for assisting to bring luggages to lobby from 2nd floor we all senior citizens brought alone and they were just watching.The worst thing was very KANJUS!!.while settling the bills he has to give back Rs316/Rs,he was not having change ,he has given 100Rs,three nos one ten ruppees and one torn five ruppee note with two choclates.they don"t want to forget 4 Rs .when I shouted finally people gathered and he gave Rs320/.we have booked from 30th night and our train was late by 15 hours and checked in on 31st around 11.45am,but he charged for the day we have not stayed of courseI was prepared to give but he was adement of not giving little reduction.I STRONGLY FEEL THIS IS NOT THE HOTEL FOR FAMILY AND SENIOR CITIZENS.THIS IS APT FOR SINGLE PERSONS WHO COMES FOR SOME BUSINESS.Because they don"t think about Tomorrow and they are not bothered about people AND THEY DON"T WANT PEOPLE TO COME AGAIN .They are bothered about only one thing MONEY.,MONEY!! Lousy.I had a very bitter expereience,I am sorry to comment like this this is coming from the CORE of my HEART!!.A.L.V.KRISHNAN,ERNAKULAM

Room Tip: Room No 321 was ok
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank KRISHNAN60
MadhurJaiswal, Owner at Hotel Rama Krishna, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Krishnan,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, however i would like to bring to your attention that
1) We have not advertised anywhere that we have lift in our hotel, and you would also find this fact in our earlier reviews posted by customers.

2) We did not receive any request regarding need of room on first floor, else it would have been taken care of, since rooms were all occupied on first floor we were not able to provide you the first floor rooms.

3) As per my inquiry your room's towels and bed linens were changed daily.

5) We did not receive any prior communication that you were running late by one day, we kept our rooms vacant for you so it would be charged as per hotel policy.

6) Stay beyond your checkout time was also charged as per hotel policies, these charges were communicated to you beforehand.

7) We did not receive a request from you for getting your luggage down, had we received it it would have been attended by our staff.

we are committed to provide the best of services at affordable prices, again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hotel Ramakrishna,Ujjain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a very good stay at Hotel Ramakrishna, Ujjain from 29th Jan to 1 feb, 2014. Mr. Madhur Jaiswal arranged for our visit to all the temples in Ujjain and Om Kareshwar. The stay was comfortable, the food was good, the tour was excellent and the package was reasonably priced.
For the money we paid, we had a great experience. We would like to Visit again. Thanks Mr.Jaiswal and Anurag Jain.and Hotel staff members.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank samadeepa
Dear Sir,

Greetings From Hotel Ramakrishna,Ujjain!!!!

Thank you very much for rewarding us with your words, the greatest pleasure we have through appreciation received for services provided to our beloved customers.

Again thanking you, looking forward to serve you even better in future.

Hotel Ramakrishna,Ujjain
Mumbai
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed along with family on 23-24 October 2013. Stay was comfortable. Hotel Ramakrishna is very near to station-walk-able distance.Attached canteen starts at 8.30 am good food. Nice cooperation from the hotel manager. Had Mahakaleswar darshan. Auto charges to temple is in between 20-30 rupees.To have bhasma-harathi you have to be in line at the counter with the id card at 9.00 am to get ticket for the next day early hours (3.00 am).
We had no problem either with hot water or climbing up stair. Check in is 11.45 am pl.note
Prakasam

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

5 Thank Prakasam C
MadhurJaiswal, Owner at Hotel Rama Krishna, responded to this review, July 10, 2015
Dear Sir,

Thank You For your Valuable Feedback. It was great having you at our property.
Mauritius
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed one night in a double A/C room in August 2013...worst experience ever...hotel staff weird and uncooperative...we arrived at 9 am and werent allowed to check in although our room was ready...weird smell in room...no water in bathroom...only free channels on tv...the rooms are extremely old...with very basic and worn out furniture....we were very disappointed with our stay...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Varsha7

Travelers are raving about these Ujjain hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 26th July to 29th July along with my family as a pilgrimage to Ujjain. This is very near to the station and the courtesy of the staff is good, but ambiance of the hotel is not up to the mark.No lift. No running hot water, hot water will be provided by boy when ever required, even in the mid-night. Room maintenance is poor. Restaurant food is ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank TVSMURTY
HotelRK, Owner at Hotel Rama Krishna, responded to this review, June 30, 2016
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Rama Krishna, Ujjain and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I apologies' for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at the hotel, we have taken note of your feedback. Corrective steps have been taken up to ensure that these type of lapses are not repeated again

It is our aim to satisfy our guests. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Vipul Jaiswal
Owner
Hotel Rama Krishna
Haridwar, India
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Kumar,

As per my program, I stayed in Hotel Ram krishna, Ujjain, from 19th to 21st July. I wish to share my experience of stay in the hotel.

> When I reached hotel, I was suprised to note that there is no escalator/lift in the hotel,
> I was given a room on 2nd floor which was having washroom not attached with room & you have to walk through balcolony to reach toilet,
> I requested Manager to give some room AC or Non-AC on ground floor or on first floor as my wife is a asthamatic patient & it was very difficult her to climb on higher floors, which manager plainly refused & didn't consider my request,
> Hotel didn't have running hot water facility, toilets were so clumsy & not well maintained,
> Towels & soap was given on demand & towels were so dirty as no body would like to use them,
> At the time of check-out, the Manager didn.t have any information about the advance payment made by me on line & hotel rate/discount etc. I had to open my e-mail to satisfy him to settle the bills.
> THE HOTEL IS NOWAY BETTER THAN DHARAMSHALA. It needs total review.

Sir, my experience was very bad & stay was not comfortable at all, Staff was also not courteous including desk Manager. I would never reccommend this hotel to any body in future.

Please forward this feedback to hotel to make overall improvement.

Thanking you,

SC Gupta

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank scg16211
MadhurJaiswal, Owner at Hotel Rama Krishna, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Gupta,

Thanks for your feedback. We value it greatly and would try to improve on those points, however I would like to bring to your a attention that your room was changed readily by our staff when you raised concerns about the room you were given where the bathroom was in the balcony. Our staff gave you a attached room without balcony. Also we haven't advertised on any site that we provide lift facility and neither did we receive any request from your behalf. Had there been any request or intimation from your side we would have reserved room for you on lower floor as that day we didn't had any rooms vacant on lower floor.

We apologise for damp towel as it may have happened during rainy season. We offer you a free room upgrade to you next time you visit us.

Hotel Ramakrishna, Ujjain
Gwalior, India
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have booked this hotel with my wife for a religious trip.Going thr'u reviews that there is 24 hrs checkout.I opted from 7.00 am to 7.00 am next day as my train arrives at 6.00.this was confirmed by my booking agent thr'u sms.We reached there at 6.45 and asked th I/c manger who was sleeping for room we booked.The manager told us that there is no boom available right now and we have to wait till 12.00 hrs to get a room..We were shocked to hear his statement.When we show him sms for confirmation;he simply said they don't care this type of bookings.As a favour ? he offered us to get fresh and change in a dirty dormatery with a extra charge of Rs.200/-. We kept patience and ask him to talk to his boss and explained about the situation. After discussing he offerd us room in another nearby hotel which was on 3rd floor .As we are senior cizen of aged over 65 years,it was not possible to stay on 3rd floor without lift..having limited time for our trip,we opted to look for another hotel instead of discussing and finding out any solution of this situation.
We have two questions to ask . Why 24 hrs checkout was not there when people has mentioned second why owner of hotel not honouring booking made by reputed agents ?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank gwaliorbedbreakfast
HotelRK, Owner at Hotel Rama Krishna, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Sir

Greetings from Hotel Rama Krishna,Ujjain.

I would like to appologies you for inconvenience caused while check in at Hotel Rama Krishna,Ujjain. I can understand your reaction for not been allowed to check in before 12 pm as we were completely sold out a night before. otherwise we usually have one or two room to occupy early check in customer. I am sure you have read about 24hr check out on internet but sir that review is of JUNE 2011. we have shifted to 12 to 12 check in & check out from April 2012. Usually the customer calls at hotel or on my mobile number incase there are early check in. we did not had any communication from agent who booked your tickets. Even on your voucher it is mentioned 12 to 12 check in & check out time. Since we were sold out a night before, we could only offer you what we had at that time. we even offered you room at our another other near by hotel but what ever solution we offered it was not acceptable to you.

i would again like to appologies for the inconvienece caused due to some old review & no communication regarding your early check in from your side or agent. Therefore i would like to offer you free room upgrade for your next visit for room booked directly through hotel.

i hope you will understand the situation & guide us in future to serve you better.

Thanking You