“Lost Glory”

Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Shirdi
Reviewed January 11, 2014

i stayed at this hotel during September 2013 for the first time, though I visit Shirdi every year. I usually like to switch hotels, to give my children a new experience of visit.

I believe, that having stayed at St Laurn, I would definitely debate Sun and Sand as only a 3 star hotel. It may have been a 5 star hotel 10 years back, but today the hotel is firmly outdated.

There is nothing in this hotel that classifies it as a 5 star. They have 2 restaurants- both are just average. Italian restaurant serves authentic Italian food!!! If you think that you can crave for that kindda attraction at Shirdi then YOU ARE THE PERSON this hotel is looking for! Room service is a drag. Food served is average and so is the menu line up (except ofcourse the ITALIAN).

This hotel has perhaps forgotten that as age advances, so does the definition of luxury and comfort. Other new hotels in Shirdi (most notably Best Western) also provide the same amenities which are called luxury at SUN and Sand. My advice: If you are looking for 5 star - go to St Laurn, If you are looking for value for money- go to Best Western

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HANISHLIVE

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed at the Sun-n-Sand in Shirdi - our second stay in this hotel. What I like about the hotel ? Plenty ! The proximity to the temple, the 24 hour temple pick up and drop, the open spaces, the large rooms, the nice breakfast spread... The service is fast and efficient - and smiles are free of charge. The Little Italy vegetarian restaurant serves marvellous mouth-watering pizzas and pastas - and for a hard core non-veg like me, that's the highest accolade I can give. The view is wonderful as well. Felt as content in the hotel, as in the temple at the feet of Baba. Will surely come back - again and again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for an undisturbed view !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Shirdi, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronizing Sun-n-Sand Shirdi! We are happy to note that you would return to Sun-n-Sand during your future visits to Shirdi. I've shared your review with my team and it serves as a motivation to all.

It is quite helpful on your part to share room tips with fellow Tripadvisor users.

My team and I look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Without any doubt, when on a pilgrimage to Shirdi, comforts may not be a priority, but cleanliness maybe. So after a porthole filled, back breaking road journey, the hotel was clean enough but had a queen size bed, considering the fact that i took a premium pool facing room in which one expects a King size bed for a couple. But they loose out on minor issues; like no choice of tea or coffee, room did not have robes or disposable bedroom slippers. Breakfast was a let down; no cheese at all. But again; it was a pilgrimage and i would still stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Shirdi, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Shirdi and for spending your time to review us.

We have taken a note of your feedback. Your review helps us enhance our services.

In regards to your comment about bathroom slippers and bathrobe, it's available on request to all our guest.

My team and I look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Shirdi!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very safe place as me and my sister wrre travelling alone.close proximity to the sai temple made it very easy for us to attend all the aartis.food was good and rooms were comfortable.staff was very helpful and friendly....amazing experience.the best place in shirdi to stay for sure

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank simbatta
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Shirdi, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you had an amazing experience during your stay at the hotel and find the hotel to be the best in Shirdi. Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Shirdi and taking time out to review us.

My team and I would love to see you again on your next visit to Shirdi!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed with my family and extended family in this property for 2 days and a night and would say that our experience was quite pleasant. The property looks very clean and spacious, quite ample parking space and a spacious lobby. The staff were very courteous and responsive and professional. They did everything to help you and make yourself comfortable and did not fuss at anything. Although we had booked enough rooms through our agents we were short of one bed for one of the children in the group. They were very forth coming and gave us various options on what to do, finally they gave us one extra bed complimentary for the child. Although this was a generous enough of them to have done this, it never surprised us because of their excellent attitude in helping the guests. I only wish I still remember the young lady in the front desk name her and appreciate her but dam it I just can't recall her name. But I can say from her name that she is a christian, if that would help figure out who this lady is. She was really good friendly and very pleasant. We had complementary breakfast at this hotel and I should say that the breakfast was excellent.The staff in the restaurant again were very polite & gentle . I'm not sure if it was the F&B manager or the front office manage, but he was around with a smile and inquired about the food and experience with all the guests. We told him how we enjoyed our stay. I should also mention that the have a huge backyard with a swimming pool, gym and some play area for children. This is indeed an advantage for guests to engage children and also relax. The swimming pool was not very big not not that small though, it was clean the children had a great time there. However, some gym equipments were not in working condition when we visited. The rooms were a little small compared to other 5 star properties, but we've experienced even smaller rooms else were in Malaysia. I would say compared to the overall experience that we had, its ok with the size of the room. I would definitely consider going back to this hotel and stay. There is value for the money you pay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SCKumaresan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Shirdi and taking your time out to share a detailed feedback about the Hotel. We are happy to note that you've had pleasant stay at the Hotel and would consider coming back again. I've shared your review with my team and it serves as a motivation to all.

Your feedback has been noted and helps us enhance our services.

My team and I would love to see you again on your next visit to Shirdi!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Lovely Hotel ! Beautiful and clean property, nicely maintained, fantastic lawns, immaculate service and great hospitality ! Overall a great experience...Very courteous staff, especially Mr Amresh Wesley who was very warm and helpful. Would love to come back here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors, especillay the ones facing the garden have a great view !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ashm99

Dear Guest,

We are happy to note that you had an excellent stay at Sun-n-Sand Shirdi and would love to come back again! I've shared your review with my team and it serves as a motivation to all.

We would love to welcome you again on your next trip to Shirdi!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

a nice comfortable place that very well solves the purpose u're there for!
good cooperative staff... the shuttle to the temple is prompt and well timed...
well kept and decent place... nice open lawns to spend free time in... houses an 'activity room' too...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RahulAgarwal1979
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Shirdi, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Shirdi and taking your time out to share your feedback with us.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Shirdi!